GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Playing Music from SD Slot?

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. Can I play music stored on an SD card through the slot on the MK6 GTI standard audio? If possible, hows the quality?

TIA

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice, Ill just get gigantic SD cards and it'll be like ill have an 8gb hard drive. Now why is it that the ipod's don't sound so good?

spretsnijev

Passed Driver's Ed
The radio on the new GTI takes up to 32GB SDHC cards! Don't know what that does with the 'loading/browsing' time...

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Will it play higher bit rate MP3 or WMA files?

When I rip CD's for my PC, there is the option to use a higher bit rate and those files sound better then the ones made at the standard rate you use for music players. ( I am using JBL Pro monitors with my PC, not sure regular computer speakers woul be able to tell the difference.)

With the Dynaudio, I think there would be a benefit. I haven't bought a SD card to try it yet. Just wonder if anyone else had...

Last edited:

mongo1

Ready to race!
How high a bitrate are we talking? The highest bitrate mp3's I've played through the SD slot have been 320 kbps. Sounded terrific.

woofie2

Ready to race!
Most people cannot tell the difference between 192kbps and higher bitrates, I tend to rip everything at 256kbps

I use an older program called Audiograbber as it grabs the CDDA information from an online database and downloads the song lists for each cd to save typing. It is also very quick at converting Wav ripped CD songs to MP3.

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Thanks for the resonses

320kbps is where my converter maxes out, good to hear that will work, I will sacrifice the number of songs for the better quality. Besides SDHC cards are pretty cheap now.

After I posted this, I did the unthinkable ( READ THE MANUAL ), it confirmed the high rate for MP3 and said it would play up to WMA 9 files, so I assume it will play high rate WMA files ripped with Windows Media Player V9