GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KESSY not working after battery disconnected

///Audience

Ready to race!
I did a full audio overhaul in my 2013 yesterday and now my KESSY does not work. The push button start still works fine, but the door handles no longer lock/unlock the car for me.

The battery was disconnected for a short time but other than that, no holes were drilled and no screws were ran so im not sure how i could have damaged anything.

Is there a KESSY reset without having access to VCDS or going to a dealer?

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Go into the mfd under convenience I think and reset some things. I had this problem as well and fixed it by resetting something although I can't remember the specifics.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Go into the mfd under convenience I think and reset some things. I had this problem as well and fixed it by resetting something although I can't remember the specifics.

Tried a full reset but no luck.

I found in a separate thread that there is a control unit (sensor?) for the KESSY system located under the hatch floor and spare tire. I was doing a lot of work sound deadening this area and possibly dislodged the plug.

Can anyone direct me to the location of this sensor so i can check it?

Heres where im at now. I really dont want the dealership digging through all this wiring.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Take the foam out and look directly in the middle by the seats and there's a plug there that might have some brown stuff on it. You can see it in the first picture. That's the plug you're looking for. I had the same thing happen to me and that's the plug.

///Audience

Ready to race!
Take the foam out and look directly in the middle by the seats and there's a plug there that might have some brown stuff on it. You can see it in the first picture. That's the plug you're looking for. I had the same thing happen to me and that's the plug.

This worked! Thanks a ton, you saved me a major headache.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Glad I could help. Keep an eye on that plug. It isn't very secure. Every time I've been back there it's come undone.