GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Puttin the call out. Need help.

I need someones vagcom code for their central convenience I think. Which ever one affects the headlights.

The car setup needs to be.
MUST: HID headlights without the LED accent strip. Regular tail lights.
Would be Nice but not a must i dont think: 2010 CSG 4door 6MT. He has the dyno audio system with the upgraded head unit but not NAV. He has steering wheel controls and such.

The OEM coding is lost and we cant get both his headlights working. We are told we need a near matching car so we can enter the long code for his car. Please help if you can.

you've never ran an autoscan on your car?

You have one of the best running cars on here. Credit where credit is due, right? :D

I get that though. here -

Current/active U.S. TSI BT members

Member: WHP - Turbo Kit - Fuel - Tuner
  1. GTR Killer: 509whp - APR GT3071R-WG - 93 Pump + Meth - Custom Tune (TBA)
  2. apa11393: 509whp - CTS GTX3076R - 91 Pump + Meth (5th injector) - Eurodyne
  3. RGTI13: 456whp - VAP Motorsports GT3071R - 93 Pump + Meth - Eurodyne
  4. jettaglx91: 454whp - APR GT3071R-WG - Race Gas - APR
  5. Erball: ~440whp(waiting for dyno) - AFI Manifold + 5858 - 93 Pump + Meth - DM
  6. U20T: 425awhp - FFE Divided 6262 - 93 Pump + Meth - Unitronic
    Previous: 575fwhp - FFE 5858 - 93 Pump + Meth - Unitronic
  7. jettaglis: ~(380-400whp) - ATP GT3076R-WG - 93 Pump - Unitronic
  8. *****2.0t: ~(380-400whp) - APR GT3071R-WG - 93 Pump - Eurodyne
  9. James9120: 368whp - CTS GT3071R - 93 Pump - Eurodyne
  10. Kern417: :(whp - CTS GTX3071R - 93 Pump - DM
Updated 8/11/15
[/QUOTE]

Why is it based on US only ;)

I'm using apr gtx28 with DM tune.. I'm getting water meth and APR intercooler and will Dyno it in the coming weeks..

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I think your clutches are slipping at boost spike. That's why you get that little weird blip( or loop on previous runs) if you compare to speed or time it's not there.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I think your clutches are slipping at boost spike. That's why you get that little weird blip( or loop on previous runs) if you compare to speed or time it's not there.

clutch or wheel spin is for sure -

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion

Well, when I log the clutch, it doesn't seem like it slips at all. It could be wheel spin, maybe... Not sure.

I know I don't have slip on the street. I DID and the HPA DSG tune took it all away.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Well, when I log the clutch, it doesn't seem like it slips at all. It could be wheel spin, maybe... Not sure.

I know I don't have slip on the street. I DID and the HPA DSG tune took it all away.

very high possibility of small amount of wheelspin. I tried fwd on my last dyno but it spun to much so we only got good numbers awd.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
very high possibility of small amount of wheelspin. I tried fwd on my last dyno but it spun to much so we only got good numbers awd.

I know my friend just dyno'd there and had EXTREME wheel spin. RWD.

BUT, if you look at my logs, you can see the first part of the log cut off at 5500 RPM... The car almost slid off the dyno the first run lol.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking just a big of clutch slip rather then wheel spin because when you graph power versus speed it's smooth, that weird blip is only there when engine speed is factored.

On a side note I found my latest drf's and compared which inadvertently put me back up a notch by a couple whp when on the same correction lol

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Eyyyyyy don't cheat! I bet you didn't dyno when it was 100 degrees F. Lol

I think I need to mess with my boost controller too. Now that I'm raising the boost up, I have to change all the other parameters. It spikes and then dips now.

You know what it could be... Because of how my tune is set up, all that boost comes in immediately. The clutch might slip 50-100RPM when all that TQ/HP comes in out of nowhere and then it clamps and grabs.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Eyyyyyy don't cheat! I bet you didn't dyno when it was 100 degrees F. Lol

I think I need to mess with my boost controller too. Now that I'm raising the boost up, I have to change all the other parameters. It spikes and then dips now.

ha no I think it was low 80's

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking just a big of clutch slip rather then wheel spin because when you graph power versus speed it's smooth, that weird blip is only there when engine speed is factored.

On a side note I found my latest drf's and compared which inadvertently put me back up a notch by a couple whp when on the same correction lol

Is this just 100 octane, no meth? What boost? And is this the "off the shelf" 3+ file or something else with changes?