riceburner

Autocross Champion
bump

riceburner

Autocross Champion

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I can ship!

Just an FYI, I bought Audi TTS seats for my GTT and had them shipped from Florida to California via Greyhound. Cost was very reasonable. Seller just wrapped them in plastic and I got my Audi TTS seats intact, in a reasonable time and at a very affordable rate. Great way to ship bulky items. You just pick them up at local bus terminal.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks man! I have made a few shipping quotes on these, and if my calculations serve correct, I can ship them via UPS for about 70 bucks halfway across the country, which aint bad.

I have done the greyhound deal before too, thanks!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Thanks man! I have made a few shipping quotes on these, and if my calculations serve correct, I can ship them via UPS for about 70 bucks halfway across the country, which aint bad.

I have done the greyhound deal before too, thanks!

Nice seats, I would actually buy them if I hadn't already bought a set of Recaro Speed seats. I like yours better.

What seat tracks did you end up using and did you buy a solution for the passenger airbag on/on or transfer from original seat? Looking for tips and hopefully generating interest in you seats. Folks don't realize what a huge upgrade something like this is especially if you like to track your car, not to mention the look. They will make you feel like you are driving a whole new car.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yes all true and thanks for the free bumps haha.

I followed the guide linked below to the T. The seats came with tracks that had to be bolted on and of course they didn't come with hardware for that. like really? lol

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110958

I had to dissect my original seats - they are no longer usable - by ripping out the wiring, dremelling off the seatbelts, and tearing apart the passenger seat to borrow the bladder and harness. Thats the part where these seats go from ~1000 dollars to ~1500 dollars.

And i certainly love these seats but something about them was just a little 'loud' styling wise at the end of the day. I have too much black and red going on in my interior. So i went back to some oem leathers to tone it down a bit. Plus i don't track my car and don't have a racing harness/bar so I was like 'ehhh'....

riceburner

Autocross Champion
sold!

CC_Cartel

just curious, where did you buy your braum seats ? im looking for a reputable vendor with good pricing. im also local to Chicago. thanks

riceburner

Autocross Champion
just curious, where did you buy your braum seats ? im looking for a reputable vendor with good pricing. im also local to Chicago. thanks
sure thing - i wound up getting them off carid !

EDIT: HOWEVER forgot to mention, the local APR dealer to us (GRDtuned in west chicago) sells braum seats now as well - i was just in there for something else and they have them on display - which is great because that means you can check em out in person, probably not have to pay for shipping, and they may even just have some pairs in stock. From CARid i had to pay probably 200 in shipping and i also was waiting for like 3 weeks. To boot, GRDtuned even has the updated designs with more aggressive bolstering and the gti plaid fabric! I was drooling when i saw them haha.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did you sell the whole setup or do you happen to have the occupancy and seatbelt and airbag wiring bits left over?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh, its all long gone man haha