GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Today did brakes and fixed my boost toeaks which were on either side of the intercooler. Much more tourqey and no more wierd boost noises :)

Brakes are ebc redstuff pads and ecs drilled/slotted 'geomet' rotors.

Behold my bears fan colored spring/strut combo

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Pic didn't take the first time

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Oh I did, thanks!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Small updates

Went to the windy city dubfest - Volkswagen/Audi yearly meet a few weeks back. Great show, cool peeps, great cars.

I got in the top 20, which being out of ~300 or so felt pretty cool :)

Beyond that found out my rear lower control arms are shot so I'm replacing those with the rear brakes probably this next weekend.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Small updates

Went to the windy city dubfest - Volkswagen/Audi yearly meet a few weeks back. Great show, cool peeps, great cars.

Beyond that found out my rear lower control arms are shot so I'm replacing those with the rear brakes probably this next weekend.

The bushing or?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Small updates

That’s awesome man! Wanted to go this year, but my GTI needs some body work done. Hopefully next year. Glad to hear it was a good turn out. What do you have your hood panels lined with btw? I like that look. Looks cleaner over the hood liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
@jay yeah the bushings are about shot; you can see a misalignment between the through bolt and the control arms themselves.

@ hbrown, definitely a good time hope to see you next year

I did my hood with some extra sound deadening material. Didn't really help with sound deadening as it's more for rattles but I like the look too haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks Deep.mit!

Won't be many more updates unfortunately, as I am pretty much 'done' building, atleast for now. Diverting my focus to wedding, house, potential future kids, and paying off debt. :( No more fun for riceburner lol

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Deep.mit!

Won't be many more updates unfortunately, as I am pretty much 'done' building, atleast for now. Diverting my focus to wedding, house, potential future kids, and paying off debt. :( No more fun for riceburner lol

Haha, all of that should be fun too :thumbsup:

Build or not, do post even the small things you do with the car. I am pretty much at the same stage as you. Keeping the interest alive by tinkering with smaller things.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^i hear ya there.

To add, I am tinkering around with some small things -

Finally found an interior trim set on ebay which includes the lower door trim panels (that your feet go over when you enter/exit the car) which go from the front to the back. Mine are all jacked up and won't clip in properly, so hoping this alleviates the issue.

Also ordered a few things from ECS:

Trunk LED
New trunk lower panel (been looking for one forever since that is also all jacked up clip-wise and won't stay in place)
Red coil pack harness (Race car)
few other little odds and ends
Brake pad wear sensor delete

Ideally i need to focus on getting a few dash lights off:
Bulb out warning (all my bulbs are modified, not sure if they can all be coded out, probably not unfortunately)
Airbag - due to the braum racing seats, even though i swapped everything over, i have an airbag warning light i need to solve somehow
tpms - i think my button broke so need to fix or something to turn that off

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
^i hear ya there.

To add, I am tinkering around with some small things -

Finally found an interior trim set on ebay which includes the lower door trim panels (that your feet go over when you enter/exit the car) which go from the front to the back. Mine are all jacked up and won't clip in properly, so hoping this alleviates the issue.

Also ordered a few things from ECS:

Trunk LED
New trunk lower panel (been looking for one forever since that is also all jacked up clip-wise and won't stay in place)
Red coil pack harness (Race car)
few other little odds and ends
Brake pad wear sensor delete

Ideally i need to focus on getting a few dash lights off:
Bulb out warning (all my bulbs are modified, not sure if they can all be coded out, probably not unfortunately)
Airbag - due to the braum racing seats, even though i swapped everything over, i have an airbag warning light i need to solve somehow
tpms - i think my button broke so need to fix or something to turn that off
Return that brake pad sensor delete. I'll code it off with vagcom instead fo freesies

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Mannnnn haha.

I need a fair amount of com'ing from ya hmu when available