GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Reading Help/Identifying leaks?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

Looking for some opinions/assistance on reading boost measurements from OBDeleven.

I did some recording on the way to work today and am just trying to get opinions on how to read and what i should be looking for.

Photo below show actual (orange) and specified (blue).
Ive looked over quite a few threads and was told i should subtract 1000 mbar from actual to account for atmospheric.

While that makes sense and would zero out my graph it would shift data to not be in line with specified. So i didnt do it as I am more interested in comparing the two as opposed to getting an accurate PSI value at every point.

My car is stock (to my knowledge). I will try to get a better recording later today (third gear floor to red). Just wanted some place to start as my car yesterday seemed to be unable to supply boost at some points when i was driving.

boost-1.PNG

Thanks for any help!

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Start by checking for oil around the dv and also check all the intercooler piping starting from the turbo to the throttle body.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Start by checking for oil around the dv and also check all the intercooler piping starting from the turbo to the throttle body.

I second this. DV is the most likely culprit, leaky DVs are common on this platform. However, I'd check all connections from turbo to engine. No check engine lights? Find someone with a vcds cable and scan.