GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Window Help: Driver's Side Won't Go Down

omer333

Passed Driver's Ed
This is a weird thing that just started over the last month or so. When it's cold, I'm not able to roll down the driver's side window on my car.

I'll push the switch down to roll it down, and nothing will happen.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

pdan

Ready to race!
I believe the window switches are known problems. I had to get the whole power module thing replaced. It happened to me when I was still under CPO. Anyway I hope it’s not the module for you, but good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I was thinking it was the switch too. A new one is like $100-120, at least for a 2 door. I bought a cheap china one off ebay. It works, but it's pretty obvious it's not oem.

omer333

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys!

I was wondering if it was the switch, because the passenger side rolls down no problem.

Is it pretty easy to replace the switches?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Thanks guys!

I was wondering if it was the switch, because the passenger side rolls down no problem.

Is it pretty easy to replace the switches?

I think all you have to do is pop that 1 little panel off, disconnect the switch, remove the old switch from the little panel and then just put it all back together with the new switch.

I can't remember if it required taking the door card off, but that's not difficult either. That's 3 bolts and then yank that bitch off there.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
no need to pull the door panel. Gently pry it up and it'll pop out. Take your time and do it when the door is warm.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The panel lifts up from the top part, you won't be able to pry it out from the bottom. It's pretty easy to damage though, so maybe that's why you might want to remove the doorcard. Then you can push it out rather than pry it up.