GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to Modify your GTI? Start Here

Apexeater

Ready to race!
I 100% understand. However, most of the power gains are within the actual tuning which is directly correlated in the "Which Tune do I choose" thread. I can put some basic peak numbers, but ultimately noone knows what they're really making unless they have a stock comparison dyno.

I'll look into it today and see what I come up with. Maybe just a little blurb in parenthesis would help?

:w00t:
I think just basic peak numbers would work and give the viewers an idea of direction to go. It still is the end users responsibility to do their research to confirm the numbers and see which application works for their needs.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Grambles, please add something about all tunes being detectable.

This is a common question asked here about stage 1 flashes.

VW knows these cars are likely to be tuned especially if you show up dropped or with a CBE or intake.

Plus if you get OBD checked there is an asterisk next to your VIN.

We need something like: no tune is truly invisible and VW can find the tune if they are looking. Best case is to mention nothing about the tune unless asked then give full disclosure.

Otherwise don't mod your car if you can't afford to maintain it without a warranty.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Grambles, please add something about all tunes being detectable.

This is a common question asked here about stage 1 flashes.

VW knows these cars are likely to be tuned especially if you show up dropped or with a CBE or intake.

Plus if you get OBD checked there is an asterisk next to your VIN.

We need something like: no tune is truly invisible and VW can find the tune if they are looking. Best case is to mention nothing about the tune unless asked then give full disclosure.

Otherwise don't mod your car if you can't afford to maintain it without a warranty.

Thats a very very good point. I'll look into it. I dont want to place a definitive statement and mislead users without some sort of explanation. I totally agree with you though.

fredf

Go Kart Champion

I just want to say that will all the 'you gotta' pay to play' comments on this forum that this is the most intelligent and sensitive way to put it that I've read.

Nicely stated.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
This thread first post is great .... but the nonsense after really needs to be clean out and made to stick to the point.
Threads like this and VCDS coding one for example and many others should not be discussions threads.

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
This thread first post is great .... but the nonsense after really needs to be clean out and made to stick to the point.
Threads like this and VCDS coding one for example and many others should not be discussions threads.

First, I second this ^, but nevertheless, I'm glad I could post my thanks here.

And second, Grambles, THANK YOU for taking the time on this most-valuable post. Anything, for me, that summarizes a huge body of research/knowledge into a nice, tight, well-distilled format is a huge time saver and really beneficial.

-- just a humble VW/GTI noob here, paying respect and offering appreciation for your time/effort and for sharing your passion/knowledge/experience.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Great Write Up!
BTW, what is REV D? CBE?
thanks!

REV D is the revision "D" piston diverter valve used to control our boost and prevent compressor surge in loaded off-throttle situations.

CBE stands for catback exhaust.

Xtreme1

Ready to race!
Great original post. Lots of good info and has helped me a lot. Kudos to OP for taking the time to put this together.

1FastGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
:readthethread:
First, I second this ^, but nevertheless, I'm glad I could post my thanks here.

And second, Grambles, THANK YOU for taking the time on this most-valuable post. Anything, for me, that summarizes a huge body of research/knowledge into a nice, tight, well-distilled format is a huge time saver and really beneficial.

-- just a humble VW/GTI noob here, paying respect and offering appreciation for your time/effort and for sharing your passion/knowledge/experience.

I third this lol not new to the vw scene but new to the mk6 2.0 tsi motor had a 01 gti and a 03 r32 both built to the hilt r32 w/378whp this thread is some what helpful on trying to figure out where you wanna start and end but then its like we're all gonna tell you to each his own!! in the end you will be the one driving the car so dont let others make your decisions for you/your driving it not them and only you know what end result your looking for!!!!! :evil: :burnrubber:

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
This thread rocks. Growing up without a dad I never had proper insight on cars, Grambles... there's an open position.. :lol:j.k j.k

But seriously it's nice to see things listed well organized and in a way I can break it down. Well done!