GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ah the smell of a fresh windshield

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
The trick is to use two towels... one towel to wipe/remove stain. The second towel to dry. Works every time!

^This. Although I just flip the (waffled microfiber) towel over instead of using two towels.

And yes, Stoner's Foam is absolutely the best shit on the planet for cleaning windows. I even use it on the bathroom mirrors at home.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Vinegar solution?

I use a vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle and a micro fiber towel to clean the inside of the windows. It really cuts that haze from the off-gassing superior interior plastics on the windshield, with minimal streaking.

I use RainX on the outside windows.

Works pretty well for me.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
Is it me or is the windshield on the Mk6 horribly soft and prone to chipping?? I've gone through 3,300 miles and mine is chipped to hell. No cracks or anything... it just looks permanently dirty in certain spots. It has been through multiple washes but the spots are permanent. My previous VW ('08 Rabbit) wasn't exactly perfect either, but I certainly didn't have this many chips early on. I really wish VW would learn to make a better windshield. On the plus side the Candy White paint is holding up pretty well.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I use a vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle and a micro fiber towel to clean the inside of the windows. It really cuts that haze from the off-gassing superior interior plastics on the windshield, with minimal streaking.

I use RainX on the outside windows.

Works pretty well for me.

Good to know.
What ratio of vinegar to water?

Will the vinegar based solution be too harsh for tinted windows?

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Good to know.
What ratio of vinegar to water?

Will the vinegar based solution be too harsh for tinted windows?

I use roughly 50/50 or slightly more vinegar than water.

Can't speak to the effect on TINTZ yo as my windows aren't tinted. But it doesn't seem to have any effect on the dash when the over spray hits it. I figure that if I can drink it, it can't be too harsh. lol.

To clarify, I'm not in the habit of drinking vinegar, but I regularly put it on my salad with olive oil, so it is ingestable.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
i can never understand how the glass installer shop can use a rag and spray and get the window spotless. yet whenever i do it at home i never get even close to streak free. it must be their secret magic spray.

This^^^ I will detail my own car and have to pay someone to clean the inside of the front windshield :(

WAP

Go Kart Champion
My polish grandmother has been using this shit for years on the house windows....can't believe I forgot to try this!

LOL! I got the idea to clean the inside of my fridge with it from my Polish Mother in Law.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I use roughly 50/50 or slightly more vinegar than water.

Can't speak to the effect on TINTZ yo as my windows aren't tinted. But it doesn't seem to have any effect on the dash when the over spray hits it. I figure that if I can drink it, it can't be too harsh. lol.

To clarify, I'm not in the habit of drinking vinegar, but I regularly put it on my salad with olive oil, so it is ingestable.

Thanks for the pro tip

WAP

Go Kart Champion

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
I agree with the above
Invisible glass cleaner with microfiber towels
Crystal clear glass:thumbsup:

Biggest mistake cleaning glass is using paper towels

Last edited: