GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Transmission replacement after 3 weeks of ownership.

bers_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
If you end up having to replace the clutch you might as well go with an aftermarket one or rsr oem parts. Looking at your civic I doubt your gti will stay stock very long

True, Ive been looking at clutchmasters kits, Si has full bolt ons, lowering springs, and a hondata tune plus wheels and tires. Eventually wanna go stage 1 with the gti, BC br coils and different wheels.

shizah

welcome to VW ownership

VWOA is useless and wont pay a dime for your new clutch lol "wear and tear" item doesn't matter if you only owned it for 5 miles and 5 minutes.

you might get a discount but dont count on it.

bers_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I heard back from VWoa, They are claiming that there are multiple;e burn spots on my clutch due to 'outside forces" The regional case manager that I spoke with wouldn't state if they claimed it as abuse but I am not happy....they are saying its not required at this point but its recommended and they wouldn't charge any labor due to the fact that the trans is already out. Seems like who ever owned by car before me really doesn't know how to drive..anyways he stated he is going to follow up with the sales manager from Boucher VW(where my car currently is), as well as talk to the dealership that I originally purchased the car from (Hall VW). All of this after 600 miles..I am not happy at all. Anyone run into a similar situation? any tips for anything else I can do? Seems like VW doesn't really stand behind their product..especially the "Certified used" ones. I purchased a certified pre own vehicle to avoid issues like this...not walk right into them

Last edited:

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
keep on them, the damage was done way before you bought this vehicle and to only last you 600 miles. I don't know why they don't cover it, warranty is warranty work at the end of the day everyone gets paid. dealership needs to eat this bill

if not I would start looking for an aftermarket clutch cause you'll eventually go stage 1 and need it.

bers_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
keep on them, the damage was done way before you bought this vehicle and to only last you 600 miles. I don't know why they don't cover it, warranty is warranty work at the end of the day everyone gets paid. dealership needs to eat this bill

if not I would start looking for an aftermarket clutch cause you'll eventually go stage 1 and need it.

Looking into the clutch masters fx200 or fx350, Ive read that you can drop in just the disc for the fx200 but some people dont recommend :mad:

Go HSTuning RSR clutch or build your own RSR by sourcing the parts yourself

The clutchmasters have been failing on street cars (Based upon user feedback on the forum)

Stinger

Ready to race!
Well, I heard back from VWoa, They are claiming that there are multiple;e burn spots on my clutch due to 'outside forces" The regional case manager that I spoke with wouldn't state if they claimed it as abuse but I am not happy....they are saying its not required at this point but its recommended and they wouldn't charge any labor due to the fact that the trans is already out. Seems like who ever owned by car before me really doesn't know how to drive..anyways he stated he is going to follow up with the sales manager from Boucher VW(where my car currently is), as well as talk to the dealership that I originally purchased the car from (Hall VW). All of this after 600 miles..I am not happy at all. Anyone run into a similar situation? any tips for anything else I can do? Seems like VW doesn't really stand behind their product..especially the "Certified used" ones. I purchased a certified pre own vehicle to avoid issues like this...not walk right into them

Sounds like a whole lot of crap to me. You just bought the car "certified used". Within less than a month (700 miles?) you find out it has a damaged transmission and what looks like a damaged clutch... I would tell them to fix it or you're dumping the car back to the dealer and expect a call from your lawyer. You shouldn't be paying even the $50 they're asking for! :fighting0030:

bers_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Heard back from VWoa, they stated that the "best" the can offer me is to cover half the cost of the clutch requiring me to cover the other half. She stated that she is going to try to reach out to the dealer sent an email to the person I purchased it from, The sales manager and the owner of the dealership that I purchased the car from to see if they will cover the cost of the repair. Needless to say I an extremely upset, sucks that a company will take your hard earned money but not stand behind their product. I'm 20 years old, no mommy and daddy fund, work full time in IT at a hospital, go to school full time, live on my own etc. Seems like they only care about the money..not supporting the customer after the purchase.

bers_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like a whole lot of crap to me. You just bought the car "certified used". Within less than a month (700 miles?) you find out it has a damaged transmission and what looks like a damaged clutch... I would tell them to fix it or you're dumping the car back to the dealer and expect a call from your lawyer. You shouldn't be paying even the $50 they're asking for! :fighting0030:

I called the person I purchased the car from 4 days after I purchased it...with me being under 21 they couldnt rent me a car so it took awhile to arrange another car to use....Looking into the lawyer option as we speak.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Heard back from VWoa, they stated that the "best" the can offer me is to cover half the cost of the clutch requiring me to cover the other half. She stated that she is going to try to reach out to the dealer sent an email to the person I purchased it from, The sales manager and the owner of the dealership that I purchased the car from to see if they will cover the cost of the repair. Needless to say I an extremely upset, sucks that a company will take your hard earned money but not stand behind their product.

Well I think you're caught up in a pretty shitty spot.

Bought abused used car
Brought to other dealer
Got caught up with a "wear" item

Either way they should cover it but I get their pushback story too...

This is why I hate CPO period. It is pretty much worthless.

Btw so what is the total outlay? ~$600?

bers_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I think you're caught up in a pretty shitty spot.

Bought abused used car
Brought to other dealer
Got caught up with a "wear" item

Either way they should cover it but I get their pushback story too...

This is why I hate CPO period. It is pretty much worthless.

Btw so what is the total outlay? ~$600?

Total invoice for the clutch repair is as follows, and that's exactly my point. I didn't have the car long enough to cause that much damage. The clutch and trans should have been looked over during the certification process. I shouldn't be liable to pay for someone else abuse.

Attachments

• ScreenShot00124.JPG
    ScreenShot00124.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 170

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Does the flywheel need replacing for sure?

bers_mk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Does the flywheel need replacing for sure?

Thats what I asked, they said the clutch had "multiple burn spots" I asked how the flywheel looked and she said she didn't know but she was requesting the pictures. A buddy of mine is a mechanic at the dealership and he was gonna take a look at it but he couldn't find it any where. Apparently VW policy states that if a clutch is replaced they also need to replace the flywheel, pressure plate, throw out bearing etc...