GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed
I probably won't bother with changing to v102. I have a downpipe in the garage I need to install, and then I'll just load Stage 2.

I did two launches with the 91 Octane Stage 1 High Boost map, and holy wheelspin. The Launch Control also revved around 3.5k, when I was pretty sure in stock map it revved around 3k. 0-60 was timed at 6.08s, which kinda sucked but I spun almost all the way through all of second, and of course all of first. Need more traction than the OEM tires are giving me.

Testing new signature with this post also.

Another Update.

The v103 Stage 1 93 Oct High boost continues to run fine with my hardware. There is nothing different than the OEM software from the driver's perspective other than better acceleration. Very smooth and drive-able.

Today was in the 50s, nice and cool. In manual made, I made a left turn in 2nd gear and rolled onto the throttle, until full throttle. At 45mph my traction control light blinked a few times, meaning I was spinning the tires a bit at 45mph. No way I could have done that stock. I did it twice more to recreate the results. Light came on each time. Smiles!

Still have not added the downpipe.

corman1313

Ready to race!
Another Update.

The v103 Stage 1 93 Oct High boost continues to run fine with my hardware. There is nothing different than the OEM software from the driver's perspective other than better acceleration. Very smooth and drive-able.

Today was in the 50s, nice and cool. In manual made, I made a left turn in 2nd gear and rolled onto the throttle, until full throttle. At 45mph my traction control light blinked a few times, meaning I was spinning the tires a bit at 45mph. No way I could have done that stock. I did it twice more to recreate the results. Light came on each time. Smiles!

Still have not added the downpipe.
Glad to hear its working well for you. But I don't aggree that better acceleration is the only difference between a stock Map and a stage 1 map.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad to hear its working well for you. But I don't aggree that better acceleration is the only difference between a stock Map and a stage 1 map.

I meant as far as driving behavior of the car is concerned. You want to expound what you mean?

corman1313

Ready to race!
I meant as far as driving behavior of the car is concerned. You want to expound what you mean?
You're peak numbers are not higher? Your boost isn't the holding longer or coming on sooner? Your throttle response is greater?

Is Cobb the only tune you have tried?

I went from stock to APR stage 1, then to Cobb stage 1 high boost, then Cobb stage 2, then Cobb Dyno Tune and now in the process of a Stratified custom tune and all the tunes get the car to behave completely different IMO.
I am just saying that I noticed much more than just acceleration with all the different maps I've had.

Last edited:

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
You're peak numbers are not higher? Your boost isn't the holding longer or coming on sooner? Your throttle response is greater?

I went from stock to APR stage 1, then to Cobb stage 1 high boost, then Cobb stage 2, then Cobb Dyno Tune and now in the process of a Stratified custom tune and all the tunes get the car to behave completely different IMO.
I am just saying that I noticed much more than just acceleration with all the different maps I've had.

Get an e85 file with that stratified tune, car pulls much harder up top with stage 2/e85, at 1.99 per Gallon in my area (SoCal) it's worth the performance and torque

corman1313

Ready to race!
Get an e85 file with that stratified tune, car pulls much harder up top with stage 2/e85, at 1.99 per Gallon in my area (SoCal) it's worth the performance and torque
It's not worth the hassle IMO of having to go and get the gas.
My goel is not high numbers with this car, IMO it's not the right platform for that type of build for me. We are talking about stock K03 turbo lol.

Now if I can have a second map to mess around with then I might try it out but definitely not needed.

AFUENTESMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
So after the suggestions I received of making sure the Intake is mounted properly and the MAF was clean, I cleared the code and drove the car on Stage 1 93 High Boost Tune. I still noticed the fluctuations in the RPMS and also noticed the sputter in the cold start as previously mentioned. About two drives after the adjustment I got a CEL once again for the same codes I posted before
1) Lean on Idle
2) Intake Air System Leak

I then switched without clearing the CEL to Stage 1 93 and the CEL lights disappeared why did this happen with the change in MAP and is this an issue on Cobb's end or on the car.

I also would like to mention last night, the first time going back to Stage 1 High Boost, I got more CEL lights
1) P0507 (Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected)
2)P2187 (System Too Lean at Idle (Bank 1))
3)P2279 (Intake Air System Leak)
4)UO100 (Lost Communication With ECM/PCM)

For what my research shows, Code # 4 is caused by, "The installation of performance enhancing computer chips or devices may not be compatible with the ECM or CAN bus wiring causing the lost communications code." Would you call the accurate and if so would that make it a MAP issue?
https://www.obd-codes.com/u0100

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I then switched without clearing the CEL to Stage 1 93 and the CEL lights disappeared why did this happen with the change in MAP and is this an issue on Cobb's end or on the car.

When you flash a new map the AP automatically clears all codes.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Just curious, have peoples knocking issue been resolved by Cobb updates?

ironskillet

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems to be the case for me. My only continued problem is that if I use the auto on/off function, the AP turns off randomly every few minutes.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Seems to be the case for me. My only continued problem is that if I use the auto on/off function, the AP turns off randomly every few minutes.

Yup. This is my only complaint with the AP.

I don't have a knocking issue...

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed

I've had APR tunes on three other cars: Audi A4 B7, Audi A3 8P, Audi TT MK1

What I mean is very simply is under normal driving in "D" (I have a DSG car) you can not discern a difference between the OEM tune and having the COBB map, when driving NORMALLY. Under Throttle, yes of course there is a difference, which is what I said.

The point is that the tune is very smooth and feels factory. It accelerates much better than the OEM software, but when driving through town in traffic, it's very linear and I'm not getting any surges or weird behavior from the car.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
What updates? I have up to -5 knock on the stock MAF stage 2 v103 beta. I've yet to see a new map.

Yeah they're no updates, I'm on v103 stock MAF stage 2 beta and sometimes I see -3.00 knock on 91, they really need to release something that's been sorted out. I've put in 1 gallon of e85 on the full tank once and didn't see any knock the whole time, was a good week and a half until I filled up with reg 91 again. Also, do you guys experience any knock from when driving up hills?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Oh that doesn't sound very encouraging. I sold my AP when they were on v1.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk