GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I've reached out to the vendor I purchased my unit through and provided details of my inability to play FM radio (AM also doesn't work I just don't care about that) I'll report back with any progress I make in case it can help others also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey the time out feature works but i was hoping i could enable it by default instead of having to turn it on every time i turn on the car

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Vendor is sending me a different adapter. I'm not sure I believe you can have a wrong adapter if the fittings are right it's just wires in between... but I'll report back when I get the new adapter.

VR6OOM

Just picked up the 187b for my '14 Jetta SE. I noticed that if I plug my iPhone into the unit while the car and radio are off, it still connects to Carplay. Is this normal and ok? I'm worried about the battery drain mentioned for '16+.

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up the 187b for my '14 Jetta SE. I noticed that if I plug my iPhone into the unit while the car and radio are off, it still connects to Carplay. Is this normal and ok? I'm worried about the battery drain mentioned for '16+.

I've actually noticed that as well a week ago. I've installed this HU almost 2 months ago. I haven't noticed any signs of battery drain ( like struggling to start up) till now, but my battery is almost new( almost 3 months old).

VR6OOM

I've actually noticed that as well a week ago. I've installed this HU almost 2 months ago. I haven't noticed any signs of battery drain ( like struggling to start up) till now, but my battery is almost new( almost 3 months old).

So you are now noticing battery drain?

VR6OOM

Ive been enjoying my rc330 for about a month now. However, there is one issue that I've been experiencing

The volume of music jumps up by about 40-50% after any interaction with Siri. It doesn't happen after navigation voice prompts. But it happens every time after I initiate Siri.

Same. Any solutions yet?

Also Siri volume is too quiet and I can't figure out how to resolve this without the radio coming back EVEN louder.

tzeruk

Same. Any solutions yet?

Also Siri volume is too quiet and I can't figure out how to resolve this without the radio coming back EVEN louder.

Same here. I’m not sure if this is a result of the unit or a CarPlay bug. I’m actually running iOS 11 beta and thought it might be that.

cygamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello guys
I just bought the RCD330. My Golf has an OEM reverse camera. So i also purchased the 26pin adapter that is need for the camera to connect to RCD330.
Is there any guide on how to do that? There are three loose cables, one ground, one positive and one for reverse camera. How do i connect this to the RCD330?
Can someone please help me?

Thank you

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Finally spent a little time behind the wheel and testing the unit out. Does anyone else have issues with Siri not being able to hear you when you want to reply to a text or call someone?