GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Tuning MK6 Stage 1 E85 Limit Testing

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Alex,
So I have been talking with FriggenT about this because we have similar port and polish k04 and upgraded intercooler. Initially I have been looking at boost request vs actual, but further reading has explained that the improved flow will cause you to have lower boost. We started talking about wastegate as well, since my WGDC is like 80% on the pull. Basically, I am trying to determine if I have an issue, or if this is a product of the hardware. Here are the 3rd gear logs. I am using an APR intercooler and the DV+.
http://datazap.me/u/brobst101/log-1495414728?log=1&data=1-4-5

From what I can see in this log, the wastegate duty range is prevented from reaching 100%. This looks to result in boost of around 17.5psi peak. You can peak higher in the low end and middle RPM if the tune allowed for highest wastegate duty cycle.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
From what I can see in this log, the wastegate duty range is prevented from reaching 100%. This looks to result in boost of around 17.5psi peak. You can peak higher in the low end and middle RPM if the tune allowed for highest wastegate duty cycle.

Edit: i read your article on wastegate. I understand better now.
Higher wgdc is higher boost.
---------

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cardoboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Just found this thread after I made a new post. Oops.

Stage 2 ethanol blend tune, what gains could I expect?

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
lots of cool info being posted in this thread, subbed.

2019 here, reading this thread, it explains the situation with the different COBB intake location, the honeycomb air straightener, and tons of other little things I've wondered as I've spent the last 9 months upgrading airflow, tune, and now going larger turbo. 5 minutes of Alex's informed and concise explanations are far more useful than 40 hours of my own research, super helpful!