GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

View Poll Results: What shall I do first?
R Tails (If you vote this, specify which color) 50 72.46%
Full Tint (25%) and PlastiDip Exterior Parts Enjoi Blue (Symbols, Red Grill Stripes, Badging) 10 14.49%
Blue Interior Lighting 0 0%
Sound System Oopgrayyyyd 1 1.45%
Front Lip and Mud Flaps 8 11.59%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
Cullin Kin
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 Volkswagen GTI Drivers Edition
New : Cullin Kin

Probably not the right place to post this, but I just wanted to introduce myself to the golfmk6 community. I created an account over a month ago and completely forgot about it. I bought a 13' 6-Speed CSG Drivers Edition GTI at the beginning of September and damn do I love this thing. Named her Scarlett. Won't be doing much besides cosmetic modifications because even thinking about voiding the warranty gives me panic attacks. I look forward to living my modding dreams through others, for now at least, and reading your posts.

Here's my baby (Sorry it's blurry):
Name:  rsz_31photo.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  144.0 KB
Cullin Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
DaveSTR
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2015 STi / 2014 M235i
Nice Gti! Enjoy it and take your time modding. Let the car mature a bit with the warranty if you have any issues early. No rush. Mods are there when you want them. Its never a matter of needing them.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
andylaiphoto
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Welcome
http://www.crossfit972.com
andylaiphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
flyguy27
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 328i Sport line
Welcome and enjoy it!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
SixSpeeder
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Dat
Welcome and congrats. If you're worried about your warranty, just hold off on tuning. If you want to get an intake or cat-back, those parts come off easily if you have issues and need to take it to a mod-nazi dealership.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG Mk6 VEYRON
Welcome. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find your way over here from that myfastgti snorefest.
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Black Autobahn 4Dr
whalecum

Revo Stage 2 , SPM Street TBE, Forge Twintake
Djmikeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
Cullin Kin
Go Kart Newbie

Thanks for the welcomes, and the whalecum.

@WAP Ha ha, MyFast is a little slow but it's personal and tight knit. I enjoy that about it, getting to know other GTI owners. Although, sometimes getting an answer in a timely manner can be difficult.

The mod-bug has bitten me in the past. I used to have a Ralliart, did a lot of mods, "mod-nazi" dealership, nightmare. It's extremely difficult to refrain, but I believe it to be overall beneficial.

I took my GTI to the track the other day and was doing some quarter mile runs just for the fun of it. Was running low 15's routinely, thats what that photo above is from. Anyone on this forum in Colorado?
Twitter and Instagram - @CullinKin
Old 10-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

^^I suggest you check out the regional forums. There are a few on here from Colorado.
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
Old 10-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
Legendary
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: slow in the passing lane
Welcome! ..... I give you about 3 more months before you forget about that whole 'warranty' thing and start modding
10% Tinted // LED R Tails //Bi Xenon HID Headlamps//AWE Vent Boost Gauge// Plaid Inserts EVERYWHERE // deAuto Interior LED Set // APR Stage 1 Tune & Carbonio Stage 1 Intake// Soundaktor Deleted// PwrHaus DV Spacer... woot woot.
Legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #11
Cullin Kin
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
Welcome! ..... I give you about 3 more months before you forget about that whole 'warranty' thing and start modding
Ha ha, you're probably right. My mind is running crazy with what I want to do... Hey, where did you get your emblem inserts from?

@WAP I'll check it out, thanks dooood. Your avatar is funny stuff!
Twitter and Instagram - @CullinKin

Last edited by Cullin Kin; 10-08-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullin Kin View Post
Ha ha, you're probably right. My mind is running crazy with what I want to do... Hey, where did you get your emblem inserts from?

@WAP I'll check it out, thanks dooood. Your avatar is funny stuff!
You're welcome. Glad you like my avatar. Most people here hate it but it gives me a smile every time I see it. I think it's funny as hell. I just tell people it's my prom pic, or my wedding pic.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
BlkMaGiC 3526
Autocross Champion

Drives: MK1 Caddy, MK6 GTI
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I picked up my MK6 about 3 months ago. I voted for R tails tinted version and just picked up a set. My first mod was OEM front lip.
Past: MK2's - MK5's, MK5 .:R32 UG #4735
Current: 2013 MK6 Wolfsburg 4 Door GTI Deep Black DSG

OEM front lip||OEM aspherical mirrors||OEM Bi-Xenons||OEM Golf R Tails||smoked markers||deAutoKey interior LED and license plate LED||seat inserts||VagCom tweaks
BlkMaGiC 3526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
get all the r tails. all 4 pieces to be exact.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
csg, dat camera, manual, mkvi, new member, plastidip my balls, y'all are ridonkulous