GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mishimoto MK6 Intercooler R&D Thread

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah... Mishimoto, not trying to knock you guys but honestly you kinda missed here. 4-5 years late to the intercooler game when theres so many intercooler options on this platform already, and to be more expensive than the rest at that.

Your customers are telling you we need another radiator option on this platform. Not another intercooler. Why invest in developing stuff that the market doesn't need?

Not trying to start anything, if you'd like me to delete this comment I'll gladly do so.

This. Even if they’re $100 under what the ONE other radiator option we’ve got they’d get everyone on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Yeah... Mishimoto, not trying to knock you guys but honestly you kinda missed here. 4-5 years late to the intercooler game when theres so many intercooler options on this platform already, and to be more expensive than the rest at that.

Your customers are telling you we need another radiator option on this platform. Not another intercooler. Why invest in developing stuff that the market doesn't need?

Not trying to start anything, if you'd like me to delete this comment I'll gladly do so.

Agree, this.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

I've been asking for a radiator since the day this thread started.

And yeah the pricing strategy makes no sense lol. Practically the same design and size as IE (fins in endtanks) but more expensive.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion

Been watching this thread since it was announced and I'm not only disappointing in the IC Design they came up with (although they are right.. not much space to get creative) but also that price point is atrocious.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie

Nailed it. Das is right on the price as well. $100 less than the only option out there would get me on board for sure.

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
No chance in development for a radiator huh?

Platform needs this. Agreed

I've been asking for a radiator since the day this thread started.

And yeah the pricing strategy makes no sense lol. Practically the same design and size as IE (fins in endtanks) but more expensive.

Hey Guys,

Hoping to cover all the comments in one here! First off @Jay745, no sweat! This is the reason we're on these forums, so that we can get direct feedback from you guys!

So the reason we went ahead with the intercooler. Basically our market research saw an opportunity to get into this market, albeit a saturated one. So far they're proving to be true. As for pricing, again we don't come here to start any conflicts with our competitors, but we wanted to place this at a competitive spot in the market given the amount of engineering hours, development time and cost, and the quality of the product that's being shipped to your door. We run these presales so that first adopters have the chance to get a significant discount, not to mention that many of our distributors have the ability to run special pricing, so also keep an eye out for that.

On to the radiator! That has not been ruled out as per my last update on the evaluation. I'll make sure to try and get an update on where that is, update our MR team with your feedback, and give you guys an update ASAP!

Just use an mk5 one with custom hoses

Our kit also fits on the MKV as well ;)

-Nick

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Guys,

Hoping to cover all the comments in one here! First off @Jay745, no sweat! This is the reason we're on these forums, so that we can get direct feedback from you guys!

So the reason we went ahead with the intercooler. Basically our market research saw an opportunity to get into this market, albeit a saturated one. So far they're proving to be true. As for pricing, again we don't come here to start any conflicts with our competitors, but we wanted to place this at a competitive spot in the market given the amount of engineering hours, development time and cost, and the quality of the product that's being shipped to your door. We run these presales so that first adopters have the chance to get a significant discount, not to mention that many of our distributors have the ability to run special pricing, so also keep an eye out for that.

On to the radiator! That has not been ruled out as per my last update on the evaluation. I'll make sure to try and get an update on where that is, update our MR team with your feedback, and give you guys an update ASAP!

Our kit also fits on the MKV as well ;)

-Nick
I remember asking about a radiator yrs ago and was told they had no interest in making one for this platform. Which imo is a bad idea because it would be good idea for you guys to make one just because there is only 2 options on the market tyrolsport or forge. You guys would have a better chance in the radiator market then the intercooler market since there is so many options available now.

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update you and let you know that we have officially launched our intercooler kit! Those of you who did order on presale, you should be receiving your shipping notifications very soon.

Thanks for following along with our product development guys! I'll be sure to keep you in the loop for any other MK6 platform releases!

-Nick

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

If they’ve never been $950 how can it be marked down to $750? #falseadvertising