GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
They don't. Needed to control the LPFP / OPS.

that's what i'm talking about. i've been looking into the accusump stuff and it's all pneumatic. why does it need a controller? why does a fuel pump need a separate controller? shouldn't it just push as much fuel as the ecu asks for?

Halvie

WOOSA
that's what i'm talking about. i've been looking into the accusump stuff and it's all pneumatic. why does it need a controller? why does a fuel pump need a separate controller? shouldn't it just push as much fuel as the ecu asks for?

It is an inline lpfp, so I don't think there is a way for it to talk to the ECU without the control box. First version of the OPS didn't use it. Did the price jump after it was added to the package?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
not sure but an accusump itself is about a quarter of the price. and i have never seen an install on any other vehicle with a separate controller.

Halvie

WOOSA
Assuming the answer is no, but apparently this company is ran by an APR / Ex-APR employee: http://www.ghostknit.com/product/golf-r-front-lip/

Front lip is a copy of the Garage Vary spoiler I run. This came out while they had my car. Assumption being that they copied mine(Vic pm'd specifically asking about it).

I wouldn't be able to cause any legal fun for them, could I?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Assuming the answer is no, but apparently this company is ran by an APR / Ex-APR employee: http://www.ghostknit.com/product/golf-r-front-lip/

Front lip is a copy of the Garage Vary spoiler I run. This came out while they had my car. Assumption being that they copied mine(Vic pm'd specifically asking about it).

I wouldn't be able to cause any legal fun for them, could I?

It's a front spoiler. A lip. A piece of plastic (CF?). Really?

I understand you're out to get every single APR product, person, customer, friend, relative, etc. in this world, but this is ridiculous. I've read every single one of your posts, I feel for you... I really do. I don't have one single APR product on my car, but this is quite insane to watch. I feel like you complain over and over and over again to the same result... yet expect something different; the definition of insanity. They aren't going to fix it. Move on.

Here is a fix for your problem. Swap your APR shit for a TT-RS pump and use the Eurodyne controller w/ the Eurodyne software. Done. Two cars that go to the same shop as me have 500+ WHP with the TT-RS pump and the Eurodyne controller. I confirmed there are no overheating issues. Ship your car down here, they will do it right with Eurodyne.

Last edited:

col-buddy-greenleaf

Ready to race!

I understand you're out to get every single APR product, person, customer, friend, relative, etc. in this world, but this is ridiculous. I've read every single one of your posts, I feel for you... I really do. I don't have one single APR product on my car, but this is quite insane to watch. I feel like you complain over and over and over again to the same result... yet expect something different; the definition of insanity. They aren't going to fix it. Move on.

Here is a fix for your problem. Swap your APR shit for a TT-RS pump and use the Eurodyne controller w/ the Eurodyne software. Done. Two cars that go to the same shop as me have 500+ WHP with the TT-RS pump and the Eurodyne controller. I confirmed there are no overheating issues. Ship your car down here, they will do it right with Eurodyne.
Or fanagle a way to get the euro matchback Audi rs3 with the 5cy turbo and magnetic ride suspension. Good luck with whatever you do!

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion

Your joking right? With the amount of money Halvie gave APR and not to mention the amount of time they had his car it would be my personal vendetta to take them down. I would spill every line of bullshit they fed me and do everything and anything I could to fuck with them.

Halvie,

I would get in contact with Garage Vary make sure they are aware of this GhostNit and send them the emails from Vic/APR asking about your front spolier.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Your joking right? With the amount of money Halvie gave APR and not to mention the amount of time they had his car it would be my personal vendetta to take them down. I would spill every line of bullshit they fed me and do everything and anything I could to fuck with them. .

Besides the fact that that sounds ridiculous and childish, please do it privately. Stop clouding up EVERY SINGLE thread with complaints and whining. I have been down this road before, it's a complete waste of time and energy. The fact that he hasn't learned or realized this is mystifying.

I have nothing against either of you. I just would appreciate (and so would others) that threads wouldn't get derailed because of your personal vendettas.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
He's right Halvie. I've been saying this for a long time. I still have my TTRS LPFP if you want it. Stop the madness bro. APR fucked you like they did me and Dave. Move on my friend. They just want more of your money.

Hell Arin told me to wait for you since you were spending the money. This was a long time ago when I was still in my mkV TSI.

DUDE ZACH WILL HAVE MORE POWER THAN YOU in a couple days once Ed is done with it and he has been out of the game for 2 years!!!. :)

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
I'll even give you the pump for free. Text me your address. I'll ship it today.

Halvie

WOOSA

Sure, why not? They had time to 3d scan the spoiler off my car, but couldn't bother sending back a functioning car, right?

Not expecting anything different, but still probably insane.

I wouldn't have started posting again if Arin wasn't trying to push the garbage that is on my car to others.

Besides the fact that that sounds ridiculous and childish, please do it privately. Stop clouding up EVERY SINGLE thread with complaints and whining. I have been down this road before, it's a complete waste of time and energy. The fact that he hasn't learned or realized this is mystifying.

I have nothing against either of you. I just would appreciate (and so would others) that threads wouldn't get derailed because of your personal vendettas.

It does, but how do I cloud up EVERY SINGLE thread? I barely post here anymore, and this is a thread I started after all. Why not use the one JR started? I wouldn't be posting anything in that one.

Last edited:

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Sure, why not? They had time to 3d scan the spoiler off my car, but couldn't bother sending back a functioning car, right?

Not expecting anything different, but still probably insane.

I wouldn't have started posting again if Arin wasn't trying to push the garbage that is on my car to others.

And I completely understand. I really do. I've gone through the same deal on a different car, platform, etc... But it's all the same. I wish they would just fix your car for you, but I doubt that is happening. Why waste any more of your energy?

I also appreciate what you've done for the forums. I am new here and because of people like you, I do not have to do all the hard work. I just use the search button.

The TT-RS pump with a Eurodyne controller and software will more than likely fix your issues. Why not give it a shot and enjoy the car? If you need a shop for any reasons, I know one here that has experience with this setup.

EDIT in response to your edit: I may have been exaggerating. I just see this APR bashing everywhere, and I would prefer to not see it in threads that like this one. You're right. I also don't want to try to get you to stop posting. I'm just making multiple unclear posts that vent my recent frustrations.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
apr sucks balls lol

I'll even give you the pump for free. Text me your address. I'll ship it today.

Havie take Pat up on the pump drop it off at Arnolds@ PPT let him install a boost master + and he a Eurodyne dealer let him look over your car for any hardware and make sure your engine healthy and there no issues since your way down on power and just too many hands on your car to date.

I went through the same thing BS with APR as you know and Arnold sorted all issues and found a cracked piston from detonation and worn out rings from cylinders wash out from those " propitory /extrude honed injectors" junk APR put in .lol

Car went down healthy under 10k miles new and came back mess.

Lmk ill give Arnold a call and BTW if your looking to change your setup hes done many EFR setups with his manifold/ kit and you pick the turbo for your goals .BobG

Status
Not open for further replies.