GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

KMK702

Passed Driver's Ed
Didn't APR go under new ownership? This could explain their new ways of doing business like it or not.

Yes they did. I think the new ownership is trying to maximize profits. Hopefully that's not the case though and they just need some time to get reorganzied.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Yes they did. I think the new ownership is trying to maximize profits. Hopefully that's not the case though and they just need some time to get reorganzied.

That would be a stupid way to maximize profits

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
+1 considering software is mostly all margin.

After research it is literally only margin. They're selling an intangible product that has theoretically no cost of production. But it's their beautiful software, so they have the right to charge whatever they want for it.

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
After research it is literally only margin. They're selling an intangible product that has theoretically no cost of production. But it's their beautiful software, so they have the right to charge whatever they want for it.

Upfront there's quite a bit of cost. There are the countless hours for the software engineer to log, tweak, & test, there's the cost of the chassis and/or engine dyno, the cost of test cars and other measurement equipment.

This late in the product cycle, though, one would have to think their ROI on that investment is essentially complete, at least on a top-selling platform like the Gen 1 TSI. At this point, you're right, there really is no/minimal incremental cost to selling their software to a new user.

The couzin

Passed Driver's Ed
Apr is to busy making up April fools jokes on there site. To busy to have a sale. Sorry guys and gals.

Sent from my distraction device

champyg

Passed Driver's Ed
This was THE sale I was waiting for to finally go stage 2, and I had planned to go APR. If there really isn't going to be a sale this season, looks like Uni will get my money and eventual k04 business.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Apr is to busy making up April fools jokes on there site. To busy to have a sale. Sorry guys and gals.

Sent from my distraction device

This was THE sale I was waiting for to finally go stage 2, and I had planned to go APR. If there really isn't going to be a sale this season, looks like Uni will get my money and eventual k04 business.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
What are the main differences between the low and high output k04 3.1 files? I finally got the low out put file along with the high output (both 93) and they feel Nearly the same so far.

The low output hit 27 psi in 4th and that felt high.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
My file feels nothing like that. I was told that I have the correct file according to APRs system. I get a surge of torque at 4k on both files.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
My file feels nothing like that. I was told that I have the correct file according to APRs system. I get a surge of torque at 4k on both files.

VTEC

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion

No kidding. I spoke with Keith at APR and he assured me that I have the low-output file as well, confirmed by my vin. Considering the torque curve is flat according to what Arin posted for the low-output file, my low-output feels nothing like that.