GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

davserbic

Ready to race!
I know how to remove the trim for the radio but do not know how to remove the trim for the dash vents.

I looked for tutorials but nothing specific to the dash. I saw a GPS antenna install and someone mentioned two Torque screws are holding it down and then you can pull toward yourself to slide the ac vent out. Can anyone confirm if you can get to these nuts without having to remove the radio out or not?

Also — how do you remove the side vents from the dash? Pry?

Jaber

Modero
I know how to remove the trim for the radio but do not know how to remove the trim for the dash vents.

I looked for tutorials but nothing specific to the dash. I saw a GPS antenna install and someone mentioned two Torque screws are holding it down and then you can pull toward yourself to slide the ac vent out. Can anyone confirm if you can get to these nuts without having to remove the radio out or not?

Also — how do you remove the side vents from the dash? Pry?

For the center vents, you need to remove the radio. Even if you don't have the screws holding it in, the radio helps hold it in.

Here are the two screw holes once radio is removed.

For the side vents, iirc they just pop out.

davserbic

Ready to race!
For the center vents, you need to remove the radio. Even if you don't have the screws holding it in, the radio helps hold it in.

Here are the two screw holes once radio is removed.

For the side vents, iirc they just pop out.

Thanks a bunch boss!

Last edited:

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Made a thread on codes it threw, but anyone have any experiences like this? I cant find a single thing online about it. DSG 2010 gti, was coasting to a stop in manual, I felt something disengage.. had no power to wheels engine revved, shifted throughout PRNDS and manual with no jump or any wheel movement, restarted many times, nothing. I will find out tomorrow what is wrong its at dealer now, just so confused.. I recently had a new mechatronics and clutch packs put in, so I'm not sure what it could be, the code it threw was 2 problems shifting codes. P0829 5-6 shift and P0784 4-5 Shift, I cant find a single thing online besides it is a shifting code. :(

davserbic

Ready to race!
I get PM notifications through Tapatalk that a message was received but when I check my inbox through GolfMk6 — there are no new messages. The message is not even there but can see and read them through Tapatalk?

Anyone else have this going on?!

SirClimax

Ready to race!
I get PM notifications through Tapatalk that a message was received but when I check my inbox through GolfMk6 — there are no new messages. The message is not even there but can see and read them through Tapatalk?

Anyone else have this going on?!

If I remember correctly taptalk has a chat feature so if the message is through the taptalk chat is won't be in your golfmk6 inbox.

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Just learned I have to get a whole new DSG trans.. had a question though, there is an inspector coming out to approve the work in the next couple days, since it is such a pricey install, I am putting stock air box back in tomorrow just to be safe.. trans mount is out and only other mod is cosmetic things and r8 coils.. I was tuned, and I went back to stock 5 days prior to bringing it in, since doing so is there any way for the inspector to check or tell that I had an APR stage 1 tune on the car?

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
I bought a mount for my phone, and had it stuck to the trim next to the radio in my car with the double sided foam tape that came with the phone mount. Sitting it the sun, with the phone sitting in it, it fell off. Does anyone have a non-permanent idea for what to use instead of the double sided foam tape? I thought about command strips, but they only hold 2-5 pounds and the mount is spring loaded to hold the phone. So I have to push up against it fairly hard.

Or would it be easier/cheaper to just super glue or use screws and then just replace the trim if I sell it or get a new mount?

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I bought a mount for my phone, and had it stuck to the trim next to the radio in my car with the double sided foam tape that came with the phone mount. Sitting it the sun, with the phone sitting in it, it fell off. Does anyone have a non-permanent idea for what to use instead of the double sided foam tape? I thought about command strips, but they only hold 2-5 pounds and the mount is spring loaded to hold the phone. So I have to push up against it fairly hard.

Or would it be easier/cheaper to just super glue or use screws and then just replace the trim if I sell it or get a new mount?

try the gorilla double sided tape..its clear and can hold 10 pounds i believe or maybe more

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Just learned I have to get a whole new DSG trans.. had a question though, there is an inspector coming out to approve the work in the next couple days, since it is such a pricey install, I am putting stock air box back in tomorrow just to be safe.. trans mount is out and only other mod is cosmetic things and r8 coils.. I was tuned, and I went back to stock 5 days prior to bringing it in, since doing so is there any way for the inspector to check or tell that I had an APR stage 1 tune on the car?

IIRC any change done to the ECU is logged whether you go back to stock or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDOG1

Ready to race!
IIRC any change done to the ECU is logged whether you go back to stock or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How hard is it to check this? does it "pop up" or very easily noticeable when checking? or is it quite a bit of trouble to do this?/ pain to do