GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New,Completely different Full LED/Bi-Xenon Mk6 Headlights - AutoPartsEurope

davserbic

Ready to race!
Getting back to the original Osram headlight part of this thread.
How are they holding up so far? Has the manufacturer addressed the spidering issues?

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

For the Record:

• Received shipment in 15-16 days after submitting payment via Paypal.
  • No visible damage on box — just a little dirty from delivery truck.
  • Neatly and tightly packaged headlights boxed separately.
  • No visible damage to headlight lenses, rear casing or electrical components.
  • Plug and Play as advertised and error-free / no dash light.
  • All light modes work as described in owners manual.
  • LED DRLs are neatly connected to the battery terminal and Controlled by Euroswitch + Trigger wire.

I've now washed the car maybe 5-6 times with a pressure washer and have not seen ANY condensation or water penetrate into the interior assembly.

Honestly, these things are rocking fucking solid and they work extremely well. At least for me personally. I haven't experienced any cosmetic blemishes nor mechanical defects and I check both sides roughly 1-2 times a week since someone had mentioned the potential defect. The lights are bright, white and sharp and significantly outperform the old halogen reflector lights. The projector light output is awe inspiring and the DRLs shine like they are powered by a thousand suns, even during the daytime — likely because they're connected to the battery rather than fuse? Dunno but I have absolutely 0 complaints.

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
There is a few in Cali who have the same issue as Bringer how many though I am not sure.

Yeah, I haven't seen any other posts here outside of myself and FLO. Are they on the vortex forums? I am leaning to a bad batch as they are on the passenger side headlight.....

Do you have to pay to ship the other one back? I'm so annoyed, since I got mine covered in XPEL. A nice waste of $40.

They sent me a new one, got here today, and didn't charge me anything or tell me I have to send the defective one back......

For the Record:

• Received shipment in 15-16 days after submitting payment via Paypal.
  • No visible damage on box — just a little dirty from delivery truck.
  • Neatly and tightly packaged headlights boxed separately.
  • No visible damage to headlight lenses, rear casing or electrical components.
  • Plug and Play as advertised and error-free / no dash light.
  • All light modes work as described in owners manual.
  • LED DRLs are neatly connected to the battery terminal and Controlled by Euroswitch + Trigger wire.

I've now washed the car maybe 5-6 times with a pressure washer and have not seen ANY condensation or water penetrate into the interior assembly.

Honestly, these things are rocking fucking solid and they work extremely well. At least for me personally. I haven't experienced any cosmetic blemishes nor mechanical defects and I check both sides roughly 1-2 times a week since someone had mentioned the potential defect. The lights are bright, white and sharp and significantly outperform the old halogen reflector lights. The projector light output is awe inspiring and the DRLs shine like they are powered by a thousand suns, even during the daytime — likely because they're connected to the battery rather than fuse? Dunno but I have absolutely 0 complaints.

I love the lights and I figured they are 100% plug and play on stock un-coded GTI's/Golfs. My issues are related to being coded already for Ed's lights. The LEDS are SO bright. They look oem Audi lights in light quality as well. Going to put in my new headlight this weekend when I am installing new sway bars and end links.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Damn, no fees to get the replacement in either?

Who should I contact for the new light, OSRAM directly?

I didn't get charged anything that I can tell of..... I paid with pay pal and there is nothing there. Is something wrong with yours kerp?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Rad and yes. I have the same exact issue as you guys. Passenger light too.

Good luck with dealing with Marco I would go straight to Osram. Marco has been a pita so hence is why I went with a retro set instead

kerp

Ready to race!
Good luck with dealing with Marco I would go straight to Osram. Marco has been a pita so hence is why I went with a retro set instead

That dude is a kook, wish I never gave him my business. I'll give it a shot though, last time OSRAM wasn't even translating the English in my emails correctly... Hope this goes smoothly.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
That dude is a kook, wish I never gave him my business. I'll give it a shot though, last time OSRAM wasn't even translating the English in my emails correctly... Hope this goes smoothly.

Haha oh I know I gave up dealing with him. I should of never bothered dealing with him. Dude is all talk full of bs

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Might be a good idea to create a poll so we actually know how many people have issues vs. those that don't.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Rad and yes. I have the same exact issue as you guys. Passenger light too.

Oh, i didnt know you started having the issue as well. I have been dealing with marius and they expressed me a new headlight friday and i got it today.

Haha oh I know I gave up dealing with him. I should of never bothered dealing with him. Dude is all talk full of bs

I can give you the osram reps emails, i have been working with.

Last edited:

kerp

Ready to race!
Oh, i didnt know you started ha ing thr issue as well. I have been dealing mith marous and they expressed me a new headlight friday and i got it today.

I can give you osram reps emails i have been working with.

That would be great man. Thank you!

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Oh, i didnt know you started ha ing thr issue as well. I have been dealing mith marous and they expressed me a new headlight friday and i got it today.

I can give you osram reps emails i have been working with.
oh I don't need it I never ended up buying these I went with my quad retro fit which should be done this week.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
That would be great man. Thank you!

Damn, I was half asleep and the typos in my post are atrocious!

This is Marius's email: m.mack@osram.com

Not sure if since you bought it from that italian guy, if he will be able to help, but i am sure he can connect you to osram directly to get replacement. My headlight replacement came straight from OSRAM, express DHL in 2 business days. Which is pretty amazing service. Did you contact the place you bought it from first?

oh I don't need it I never ended up buying these I went with my quad retro fit which should be done this week.

That's cool man, I really want to see how that mod turns out! I am going to add sequential turn signals to my LED tail lights soon. so I will post pics and such of what I did.

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Damn, I was half asleep and the typos in my post are atrocious!

This is Marius's email. Not sure if since you bought it from that italian guy, if he will be able to help, but i am sure he can connect you to osram directly to get replacement. My headlight replacement came straight from OSRAM, express DHL in 2 business days. Which is pretty amazing service. Did you contact the place you bought it from first?

That's cool man, I really want to see how that mod turns out! I am going to add sequential turn signals to my LED tail lights soon. so I will post pics and such of what I did.
I shall have some more pics for you guys very soon! Lmk how those turn signals turn out.

justen

I shall have some more pics for you guys very soon! Lmk how those turn signals turn out.

Really looking forward to seeing this as well. Also interested in cost after all is said and done, especially if they end up similar in quality/looks as Justin's old lights.