GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zillon's United Grey Build - '13 GTI

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Toying with some ideas here at work.

Lowered it, added tint, smoothed the side marker, added golf R wheels and tails.

I have the springs. Tails are installed, just needed to add them to the older photo. Tint will happen, just waiting for warmer weather. Side markers will also happen, eventually. Trying to decide on wheels, though. Thoughts?

dasgti

Ready to race!
Sweet car man! I'm so glad you posted the link on how to disable esp. Been trying to figure that out. Whoohoo!!! Does it work in two stages as in esc off then esp off when you hold the button down?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Sweet car man! I'm so glad you posted the link on how to disable esp. Been trying to figure that out. Whoohoo!!! Does it work in two stages as in esc off then esp off when you hold the button down?

Thanks!

As long as you have a 2012+, the ESP disable will be 2-stage. Press for traction off, hold for ASR off, or something like that. I only did it once to verify that it worked, so I can't quite remember the procedure. Works like a charm, though.

I am looking to get back into autocross this year with the regional chapter, though, so it will get put to good use. :)

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Planning on it. The regional chapter is awesome here in Philly; well-organized and plenty of great competition.

Steve, where you been brah?

I have been taking a break from this forum...to much ummmm yaa

popped in today to sell a part ive had laying around and its gone already so ill probably be ducking out again for a bit...

although when i was back today had to check your thread and Ken's thread (project32d...)

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Fair enough.

Yeah, my parts pile has been growing in your absence. Sway bar, short shifter, thule fit kit. Soon to be adding Bilsteins and suspension hardware to that list.

This cold weather needs to go away.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Fair enough.

Yeah, my parts pile has been growing in your absence. Sway bar, short shifter, thule fit kit. Soon to be adding Bilsteins and suspension hardware to that list.

This cold weather needs to go away.

Sounds like good stuff and cant wait to see it come together and do some shoots in the spring...

im on the fence right now if im keeping the GTI past this summer or not, been a pain in the ass since ownership...

what SS did you go with, sorry havent read back in the thread

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like good stuff and cant wait to see it come together and do some shoots in the spring...

im on the fence right now if im keeping the GTI past this summer or not, been a pain in the ass since ownership...

what SS did you go with, sorry havent read back in the thread

Just the euro/S3 short shifter. Nothing crazy, I wanted to keep it OEM+ for warranty purposes. I figured that be my best bet and wouldn't catch the eyes of someone poking around under the hood.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Just the euro/S3 short shifter. Nothing crazy, I wanted to keep it OEM+ for warranty purposes. I figured that be my best bet and wouldn't catch the eyes of someone poking around under the hood.

S3 is the best bang for the buck by far...good choice

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
^^^Lucky....i cant wait for my return...so many car parts...i mean guns :)

You and your guns. :laugh:

Ordered the nuts, bolts, and TT strut mounts w/SKF strut bearings for the suspension install. Now I'm just waiting on a quote for Bilsteins. :thumbsup: