GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light Bar?

goose1

Ready to race!
So I ordered a couple of Baja Designs Squadron XLs
4300 lumen each and with the driving/spot combo I'm not out driving my lights even at triple digits

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I did a little 12" led light bar in the grille and I love it. I could have done the 18" or 24" but my shop didn't have them in at the time. It works great on the backroads especially on foggy nights.

You can kind of see it here.

X2 on how you did, and what it looks like light up etc.

kwalton

Passed Driver's Ed
X2 on how you did, and what it looks like light up etc.

Sorry guys. Been super busy. Bar is mounted directly to bumper cross member. As for light dispersion I will have to get some pictures soon. Car is currently covered up for winter. If we get a day with some clear weather I will get it out

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Sorry guys. Been super busy. Bar is mounted directly to bumper cross member. As for light dispersion I will have to get some pictures soon. Car is currently covered up for winter. If we get a day with some clear weather I will get it out

Alright thanks

P_m651

Ready to race!
I did a little 12" led light bar in the grille and I love it. I could have done the 18" or 24" but my shop didn't have them in at the time. It works great on the backroads especially on foggy nights.

You can kind of see it here.

What I looking at? I've zoomed all around and can see anything...

Lights "on" pic? Close up? Side pic?

Thx.

goose1

Ready to race!
What I looking at? I've zoomed all around and can see anything...

Lights "on" pic? Close up? Side pic?

Thx.
In the very middle of the lower grille you can barely see the light.

sent via carrier potato

Fantasiamon

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe this light bar is from Rigid Industries. This guy Oliver has on his Canadian Sportwagen. Not sure how he has it hooked up though.

Sent using TapaTapaTalkeeTalk

P_m651

Ready to race!
Re: kwalton's pic:
Oh, behind the honeycomb. I see now. I like the hidden quality of it. Nice install.

And thanks for pointing it out, goose.

Pyotr

Ready to race!
I believe this light bar is from Rigid Industries. This guy Oliver has on his Canadian Sportwagen. Not sure how he has it hooked up though.

you have any more info on that setup? google wasn't very helpful in finding anything else.

Fantasiamon

Passed Driver's Ed
you have any more info on that setup? google wasn't very helpful in finding anything else.

Not a ton on how it's set up but I'm pretty sure this is the Cree 30" LED Light Bar that can be bought on Amazon.

evolintent

Ready to race!
I plan to try to figure out if I can find mounting points and maybe have some like this built. Plan to run some kinda led bar bar on it.

GTI ATLien

Passed Driver's Ed
That's mine!!! My friend just stumbled across this thread. I know I'm a little late to the party, but if anyone has any question, I'd love to answer them.

Small world! Took these pictures at Caffeine and Octane. Let me know if you want to meet up one of these 1st Sundays. TTYL.

zrickety

The Fixer

goose1

Ready to race!
I plan to try to figure out if I can find mounting points and maybe have some like this built. Plan to run some kinda led bar bar on it.

Thats a Rally Innovations bar. Give them a call they were willing to build something for us Mk6 guys and gals if there was enough interest.
Also check my other post on page 1 http://ssdperformance.blogspot.com/ is in Lincoln, MO and was willing to drive a decent distance to build one for us and was willing to give me some free/heavily discounted gear for helping him out.
Alternatively I picked up one of these a few weeks back and am going to see how well it holds up with some big washers behind the bumper or some expanding bolts going either into the foam or the bumper bar itself. Ordered a pair of Baja Designs Squadron XLs for it.

evolintent

Ready to race!
Thats a Rally Innovations bar. Give them a call they were willing to build something for us Mk6 guys and gals if there was enough interest.
Also check my other post on page 1 http://ssdperformance.blogspot.com/ is in Lincoln, MO and was willing to drive a decent distance to build one for us and was willing to give me some free/heavily discounted gear for helping him out.
Alternatively I picked up one of these a few weeks back and am going to see how well it holds up with some big washers behind the bumper or some expanding bolts going either into the foam or the bumper bar itself. Ordered a pair of Baja Designs Squadron XLs for it.
I would let them use my car for testing but doesn't do any good since I'm just out side philly. Deff going to look in to what local metal shops would want to possible build something similar to the bull bar so maybe it can provide a little bumper protection from idiots who can't park and a light mounting point. Might have to look in to something front and back. Wouldnt mind having some aux back up lights too. That or a back up cam depends how lazy I get