GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help me

Cbozman22

I have a mk6 gti that will not start for shit it cranks for about 10 sec every time before starting 80000 miles on it and tends to start right up when it’s freezing cold and doesn’t want to start when warm it’s throwing 7 check engine codes all for the bank1 sensor2 and a stuck lean code please help me this is driving me crazy (already tried priming fuel pump starting with gas pedal down and with a battery charger attached) also when I got the cel codes cleared it started up perfect until the cel came back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwininger

have you replaced any parts recently?

pcv valve, coils and plugs are common failures around this mileage. all pretty cheap and easy to replace. just make sure to get genuine VW/audi parts for all of the above. i would start there and see if it solves the problem.

i've been going through hell with my '10 gti the last couple of weeks and have learned a lot about the stuff i listed. any one of those things going bad will make your car run like absolute crap.

Cbozman22

have you replaced any parts recently?

pcv valve, coils and plugs are common failures around this mileage. all pretty cheap and easy to replace. just make sure to get genuine VW/audi parts for all of the above. i would start there and see if it solves the problem.

i've been going through hell with my '10 gti the last couple of weeks and have learned a lot about the stuff i listed. any one of those things going bad will make your car run like absolute crap.

I’ll try that should I do the o2 sensor too?

Cbozman22

Update just checked the pcv valve by opening the oil cap while running and it idled rough meaning it’s fine going to change spark plugs and could next, could the o2 sensor cause this being when I cleared the codes it ran fine?

jon570

Ready to race!
Update just checked the pcv valve by opening the oil cap while running and it idled rough meaning it’s fine going to change spark plugs and could next, could the o2 sensor cause this being when I cleared the codes it ran fine?

I would try changing the o2 sensor. Seems like the cars not getting signal from it. Change it, clear the codes and drive.

jon570

Ready to race!
When your cars in open loop (waiting for the 02 and exhaust to heat up) the ECU doesnt listen to the oxygen sensor which is why it runs fine cold. Once it heats up and goes into closed loop and tries to get info from the o2, it cant. so this is is when your issue starts.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Other potential causes for long crank before start are fuel filter that needs to be replaced, as well as a failed check valve in the fuel pump that allows fuel to drain back into the tank when the car is turned off.

Cbozman22

Other potential causes for long crank before start are fuel filter that needs to be replaced, as well as a failed check valve in the fuel pump that allows fuel to drain back into the tank when the car is turned off.

Usually when that’s the case you can floor the gas and try and start it which doesn’t work in my case and I’ve already tried priming the pump 6+times then starting which also doesn’t work and I can hear my
Pump turn on every time