GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not sure if BT is improved with this head unit but if you are using mirrorlink or carplay there should be increase in sound quality. I know with my RCD510 there is a big quality difference when i use the MDI ipod cable vs BT as the ipod cable is a bit clearer with more bass.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
All of my music is mp3 files (the fluorescent lights of music) on my phone, so sound quality is all relative to the source. In other words, you can't polish a turd..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nockiboo

Ready to race!
My radio came in, installed it. Took about 20 mins. Everything works as described on my GTI. The wheel control etc. MFI display doesn't work and I also disconnected the bluetooth module so I don't have 2 BT devices. FM radio works, but AM doesn't. Touch and UI is super fast compared to the RCD 510. Love the BT Streaming and Carplay.

TheCor

Ready to race!
Waiting on my tracking info!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
My radio came in, installed it. Took about 20 mins. Everything works as described on my GTI. The wheel control etc. MFI display doesn't work and I also disconnected the bluetooth module so I don't have 2 BT devices. FM radio works, but AM doesn't. Touch and UI is super fast compared to the RCD 510. Love the BT Streaming and Carplay.

Steering wheel controls do work?

How's hands free call quality?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow its amazing. huge sound quality improvement going from BT to carplay. I have to adjust my sub-woofer now because there is way more bass.

Screen is super fast as well and you can finally seek/skip into the middle of songs instead of holding the fast forward button for ever. Very handy for DJ sets. The startup is much faster compared to the rcd510.

http://i.imgur.com/NqtGbLt.jpg

I disconnected the older bluetooth piece under the passenger seat because i was confusing the headunit when picking up calls.

splifou10

Actually there are two versions on the market the 187A and 187B anybody knows whats the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCor

Ready to race!
The 187A appears to be hacked with Carplay added - and it has the mute button on the top right - where the 187B seems to be the factory carplay version, and has "phone" and "app" buttons on the right, rather than a mute button there. I imagine they both work the same.

splifou10

The 187A appears to be hacked with Carplay added - and it has the mute button on the top right - where the 187B seems to be the factory carplay version, and has "phone" and "app" buttons on the right, rather than a mute button there. I imagine they both work the same.

Thanks because I was wondering what would justify the price difference. You can find the 187a version at as low as 100$ the other one is at 260$

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Thanks because I was wondering what would justify the price difference. You can find the 187a version at as low as 100$ the other one is at 260$

Careful, I think there are 3 versions :p

One version is without carplay and the Mute button (Usually $100)

One version with carplay and the Mute button (Usually $150-$200)

and

One version with Carplay and App/Phone button. (Usually $250+)

splifou10

Careful, I think there are 3 versions :p

One version is without carplay and the Mute button (Usually $100)

One version with carplay and the Mute button (Usually $150-$200)

and

One version with Carplay and App/Phone button. (Usually $250+)

Thanks for the precision! I wonder if there are more differences than just the App button? I am planning to install a backup camera with it so wondering which one could be the best....