GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

isons429

Ready to race!
Just placed my order today with Keffer for these for my 4 door 2.5. Can't wait. I will post pics once they are installed. FYI: Keffer told me today that they are still on backorder, expecting a shipment in the next week and a half.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Just placed my order today with Keffer for these for my 4 door 2.5. Can't wait. I will post pics once they are installed. FYI: Keffer told me today that they are still on backorder, expecting a shipment in the next week and a half.

I ordered mine a week ago and he said an air shipment was already on its way from Germany. His latest post of Vortex said to expect about a month wait for any that are on backorder. I'm hoping that's not the case. Still waiting to hear back.

isons429

Ready to race!
I ordered mine a week ago and he said an air shipment was already on its way from Germany. His latest post of Vortex said to expect about a month wait for any that are on backorder. I'm hoping that's not the case. Still waiting to hear back.

Lets all hope that they get here sooner than later. I hate driving around in 4x4 mode.

This message brought to you by the committee to eliminate ugly wheel gap, or CEUWG??

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
^^^
Where did you take it to get aligned?

Dealer? VW/Euro repair shop?
Or just a normal alignment shop?

Looks to be normal/in spec though

dealer ... installed at the same dealer as well... as long as everything seems to be in spec I'm happy :)

drive is absolutely amazing, can't be happier... still haven't broken the car in .. so we'll see how it handles once I drive it harder

BOOGATA

Ready to race!
this is killing me because I cant find them anywhere so I thought I'd just ask here...

I remember seeing yellow jack adapters for a hydraulic jack so that you can lift on the pinch rail. Not sure if it was this thread but does anyone have a link to those, maybe ECS? All I can find when I search are those jack pads...

FlIpDuB

Ready to race!
Can some one help me out.. I had my driver gear springs installed about a week and few days now but for some reason my rear passenger side seats higher than my driver side..

Driver side 25 / Passenger side 25.5

What seems to be the problem.. ?

GenDV138

this is killing me because I cant find them anywhere so I thought I'd just ask here...

I remember seeing yellow jack adapters for a hydraulic jack so that you can lift on the pinch rail. Not sure if it was this thread but does anyone have a link to those, maybe ECS? All I can find when I search are those jack pads...

Something like this? http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=833

I bought one a few months ago, works pretty well. They have two sizes, the 1007 fits my Central Hydraulics jack from Harbor Freight.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Can some one help me out.. I had my driver gear springs installed about a week and few days now but for some reason my rear passenger side seats higher than my driver side..

Driver side 25 / Passenger side 25.5

What seems to be the problem.. ?

Hmm...25" is certainly low on the driver side, so I would check that one first. Have you lifted the car up on stands to see if anything looks like it's not seated properly? The rears are really easy to do, but since you already paid a shop to do the install, you might as well take it back to them to have a look at it. Perhaps one of them isn't seated properly, or a bad spring mount?

I'm interested to hear what you find out, as it seems that some people's cars sit higher in the back than others. Could just because of how much gas they had in the tank when they took the pics though.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Check to make sure that the logos/writing aren't upside down and that the springs are seated properly in the bottom of the struts & sitting properly on the strut bearing's plate too....those would be the first things I would check

Also...the strut mounts go one way on the car too...the two holes with the two arrows pointing to them (on the top of the mount) go inwards (towards the engine)
To check and make sure though....you'd have to take the struts out to double check

isons429

Ready to race!
Ordered my DG Springs on the 21st, already got em, Keffer made it happen:happyanim:! Install in the next week or two as soon as I get a chance. I will post pics afterwards, I have a 2010 CW 4 door 2.5. Expecting a nice drop.:thumbsup:

SilverGTIDave

Passed Driver's Ed

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Anyone know what shipping to Fl is for the sport springs on Keffers site?