GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone 3GS - not compatible?

IanThomas

received my new Golf yesterday. Was able to connect my blackberry through bluetooth no problem, my wife's nokia ok as well.

iPhone 3GS, the car 'discovered' it, but when it tried connecting - it says 'incompatible mobile phone'. Anyone come across this before?

Having paid extra for hands-free, I'd be pretty annoyed if it doesn't work for my main phone.

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
I have the iphone 3gs and it works just fine, I use it every day for bluetooth phone calls
& streaming music through the bluetooth too. Its strange yours isn't working, keep trying.

gtlloyd

The bluetooth function of the Iphone 3GS does work. I use it all the time. But, when I plug it into the MDI cable the phone tells me that it is an incompatible device and asks if I want to place the phone in airplane mode. I just hit NO and continue on. Is that what you are seeing?

SteveP

Ready to race!
The UK premium bluetooth is for rSAP compatible phones only. Which the iPhone is not.

So unless you have a Nokia, latest Gen Blackbery, HTC or one of a few other random phones it's an expensive option.

What I did was replace the 730B premium bluetooth module with a standard bluetooth 729E version which supports all phones with the hand free profile.

I have also done this "update/downgrade" for four other Mk6 owners now.

IanThomas

I don't know if I have a 'premium bluetooth' or not. All I know is that my wife's (very old) Nokia phone and my work Blackberry both work ok, but my iphone 3GS doesn't.

I guess I need to go back to the leasing company to get it changed - I'm really annoyed that I've paid extra for something that doesn't work with a very common phone.

Legohed

Ready to race!
My iPhone 3GS doesn't work with the cable I got neither. So it's not just you...:mad0259:

>EDIT< It does now actually. Maybe I was doing sommat wrong???

Last edited:

Paul GTD

Blackberry was not supposed to work either but tried this and all fine

8900 Curve and have just succesfully paired it with my bluetooth car kit in a mark 6 Golf on the RCD510 (without sat nav).
First time I tried it told me that it was an unsupported phone, but then I followed the instructions that were provided on this
forum for the bold 9000 and managed to get it to work.
1) Activate bluetooth in your phone.
2) Search from the car for phones available.
3) When you see you phone in the car DON'T click to connect
4) From the phone bluetooth menu click add device and set it to listen
5) Now click connect from the car
6) It will show you the 16 digit code for connection
7) from the phone you will be prompted to enter "Numeric passcode" which has a capacity
of 15 characters
8) Press "enter" on you phone keypad it will switch to "Alphanumeric Passcode"
9) Press "alt" and left "caps" to switch to numeric on your phone then key in the 16 digit
passcode
10) Press enter on your phone it will prompt with a message saying that SAP is active and
BB services are inactive and will only be active after disconnection
11) Leave it at that don't touch the phone unless you want to disconnect it
12) Set the car as authorized on

Its worth a go following this
Otherwise try this kit
Gateway Five for iPod, USB, Bluetooth

dstill

Ready to race!
:)
The UK premium bluetooth is for rSAP compatible phones only. Which the iPhone is not.

So unless you have a Nokia, latest Gen Blackbery, HTC or one of a few other random phones it's an expensive option.

What I did was replace the 730B premium bluetooth module with a standard bluetooth 729E version which supports all phones with the hand free profile.

I have also done this "update/downgrade" for four other Mk6 owners now.

Steve, i have the 9W7 Bluetooth module, i currently have a Nokia phone which works fine.

My company is changing our phones soon and thinking of either a Blackberry or the latest iPhone. Will either or both of these work with my existing Bluetooth kit?:confused:

batezy84

received my new Golf yesterday. Was able to connect my blackberry through bluetooth no problem, my wife's nokia ok as well.

iPhone 3GS, the car 'discovered' it, but when it tried connecting - it says 'incompatible mobile phone'. Anyone come across this before?

Having paid extra for hands-free, I'd be pretty annoyed if it doesn't work for my main phone.

I did find that the 3GS was annoying me with the bluetooth connection, for instance whenever a message came through it would turn the music off, however with my blackberry that doesn't happen anhymore. The connection code I believe is 1234. Set the iphone up to search and enter the code in. if that doesn't work go to factory settings for the Kufatec through your steering wheel and reset it, then try again. There shouldnt be any further issues.

Medussa

Ready to race!
Works fine for bluetooth & mdi cable