GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motul Multi Dctf Dsg oil.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I was specifically advised not to use motul dctf unless the transmission was being taken apart and completely cleaned of the old oem oil. I had an opportunity to do it when I had my LSD installed, but WaveTrac specifically stated to use OEM DSG oil so I didn't make the switch.

Weird, when did you get your lsd? I have a manual so it's different but the pamphlet that wavetrac supplied when I bought it said I had to either use Motul gear 300 or oem fluid. Anything else would void the wavetrac warranty.

zrickety

The Fixer
Motul meets the VW spec, I don't see why it would be an issue. Warranty be damned, on my manual cars I use Mobil 1 gear oil.

torga

Autocross Champion
Motul meets the VW spec, I don't see why it would be an issue. Warranty be damned, on my manual cars I use Mobil 1 gear oil.
Can you comment on Mobil 1 vs OEM?
I just changed out mine for OEM (no idea what was in there - bought the car a month-ish ago) and I immediately noticed smoother shifts. Not sure yet if I'm getting better gas mileage, but we'll figure that out at the pump (I feel like I may be).

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
I personally can't stand it, it let off a lot of terrible smelling fumes which didn't go away until replaced with OEM fluid again.

hmmm, I just finished doing a DSG service with the LM 8100 stuff and while it did have an odor I didn't think it was particularly more pungent than regular gear oil. I was able to get the smell off my hands and the garage doesn't smell of the left over fluid. Maybe I got lucky or LM has addressed this? :iono:

Anyways, I was hoping someone could comment on the performance of LM vs OEM fluid. I've yet to hear any details on why LM is worse; or better for that matter, than the OE fluid.

LiquiMoly here. Don’t notice any difference over OEM fluid, except for the price. No rough shifts or funny smells.

:thumbsup:

For the record: I did drain off almost 6 quarts of fluid according to the marks on my drain pan. The last DSG service was done at the dealer. After listening to The Humble Mechanic's videos on the subject it sounds like dealers simply pump fluid in and push it out the door rather than drain off excess once the temp is up to 35. The question I have now is which is better for the car and why?......