GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F.S. 2011 2 Door, 49,700 miles, Raleigh NC

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Sold

The time has come to sell my GTI. Pardon if some of the info below is redundant for people on this forum, but its largely a copy and paste of the CL add. I'm not really active on this forum anymore, but I should get alerts about PM's if anyone is interested in the car or has any questions. Otherwise, you can reach me at ncsugray90@gmail.com. Thanks for checking out my ad! Also, ignore my signature, all the mods except those listed below have been removed and sold.

Asking $10,000

Link to Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/ETGB5dm

2011 VW GTI 2 Door
Just under 50,000 miles
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tires w/ under 10k miles
25 mpg city/ 30+ mpg highway (I average around 26-27 mpg on a tank with mostly city driving)
18" Detroit Wheels
Cloth Interlagos interior w/ heated seats (awesome for the upcoming cold winter mornings)
Cold AC (absolutely required for the summers)
Always parked under carport or in garage
Always filled with 93oct fuel from reputable stations with high traffic

Maintenance:
I have experimented with oil change intervals, as VW's recommended 10,000 mile interval was too high for my liking. I sent multiple oil samples for analysis at Blackstone Laboratories and decided on a 7500 mile interval for best wear characteristics and remaining oil life without wasting money on changing the oil too often. I always use Castrol Synthetic and OEM oil filters from the dealership and have the receipts and oil reports to show the car has remained on its recommended maintenance schedule. Its most recent change was done at 47,500 miles, so its not due for another until it hits 55,000. So far, in addition to regular oil changes, it has received the following maintenance:

Revised Timing Tensioner Replaced by Apex Tuning - 2016
Water Pump Recall/ Replaced @ VW Cary - 2016
Drive Belts Inspected - 2017
Cabin Air Filter Replaced - 2017
Intake Manifold Filter Replaced - 2017
Fuel Filter Replaced - 2017
Brake Pads Replaced, brake fluid flushed with Motul RB600 - 2017
Suspension Components Inspected - 2017
Wheel Bearings checked - 2018
Steering Components Checked - 2018
Battery Replaced - 2018
Rear o2 sensor replaced by Apex Tuning - 2018

Exterior:
Everything on the exterior of the car is 100% stock. This has been my daily driver for the last 4 years, so there are a few dents, dings, and scratches here and there, but it's still a great looking car. The worst spots are a door ding on the rear driver side fender, and some scuffs on the rear bumper which can be seen in the photos if you look hard enough, but they're not super obvious at a glance.

Interior:
The only interior changes that have been made are an aftermarket Boost Gauge with vent mount, Weathertech Floor and Cargo mats, and the dash camera. Otherwise it is a stock cloth interior.

Modifications:
GFB DV+

3" Catback Exhaust w/ 4" exhaust tips.
Custom exhaust made by Henry's Muffler Shop off Millbrook using a Magnaflow muffler and tips, as well as a resonator delete. Sounds a little more aggressive than stock without droning at highway speeds. Definitely not a loud exhaust, but sounds great when you step on it. There is a slip fitting onto the stock downpipe, so the cat-back can be removed. All emissions equipment have been retained and it just passed inspection without any issues.

Boost Gauge with Vent mount

Rennline Competition Wheel Stud Conversion
VW uses an (in my opinion) inferior and annoying aluminum wheel bolt to attach the wheels. It makes aligning the wheel on the hub difficult and the bolts are very easily stripped, but Rennline's kit is rated for track use and are very strong. I did not install these with loctite, so if you do not like them they can be replaced with factory lug bolts from the dealership.

Weathertech Front and Rear Cargo floor mats
Durable floor mats with a lip to keep the interior easy to clean. Some wear on the drivers mat from regular use, but all are still in great shape overall.

Spytech A119 Dash Camera w/ GPS
Mounted beside the rearview mirror and routed to minimize how much wiring is exposed, it automatically turns on with the vehicle and will rewrite the oldest file so the card never fills up.
Was not hardwired into the car, and can be removed without cutting any wires if desired.

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
The time has come to sell my GTI. Pardon if some of the info below is redundant for people on this forum, but its largely a copy and paste of the CL add. I'm not really active on this forum anymore, but I should get alerts about PM's if anyone is interested in the car or has any questions. Otherwise, you can reach me at ncsugray90@gmail.com. Thanks for checking out my ad! Also, ignore my signature, all the mods except those listed below have been removed and sold.

Link to Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/ETGB5dm

2011 VW GTI 2 Door
Just under 50,000 miles
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tires w/ under 10k miles
25 mpg city/ 30+ mpg highway (I average around 26-27 mpg on a tank with mostly city driving)
18" Detroit Wheels
Cloth Interlagos interior w/ heated seats (awesome for the upcoming cold winter mornings)
Cold AC (absolutely required for the summers)
Always parked under carport or in garage
Always filled with 93oct fuel from reputable stations with high traffic

Maintenance:
I have experimented with oil change intervals, as VW's recommended 10,000 mile interval was too high for my liking. I sent multiple oil samples for analysis at Blackstone Laboratories and decided on a 7500 mile interval for best wear characteristics and remaining oil life without wasting money on changing the oil too often. I always use Castrol Synthetic and OEM oil filters from the dealership and have the receipts and oil reports to show the car has remained on its recommended maintenance schedule. Its most recent change was done at 47,500 miles, so its not due for another until it hits 55,000. So far, in addition to regular oil changes, it has received the following maintenance:

Revised Timing Tensioner Replaced by Apex Tuning - 2016
Water Pump Recall/ Replaced @ VW Cary - 2016
Drive Belts Inspected - 2017
Cabin Air Filter Replaced - 2017
Intake Manifold Filter Replaced - 2017
Fuel Filter Replaced - 2017
Brake Pads Replaced, brake fluid flushed with Motul RB600 - 2017
Suspension Components Inspected - 2017
Wheel Bearings checked - 2018
Steering Components Checked - 2018
Battery Replaced - 2018
Rear o2 sensor replaced by Apex Tuning - 2018

Exterior:
Everything on the exterior of the car is 100% stock. This has been my daily driver for the last 4 years, so there are a few dents, dings, and scratches here and there, but it's still a great looking car. The worst spots are a door ding on the rear driver side fender, and some scuffs on the rear bumper which can be seen in the photos if you look hard enough, but they're not super obvious at a glance.

Interior:
The only interior changes that have been made are an aftermarket Boost Gauge with vent mount, Weathertech Floor and Cargo mats, and the dash camera. Otherwise it is a stock cloth interior.

Modifications:
GFB DV+

3" Catback Exhaust w/ 4" exhaust tips.
Custom exhaust made by Henry's Muffler Shop off Millbrook using a Magnaflow muffler and tips, as well as a resonator delete. Sounds a little more aggressive than stock without droning at highway speeds. Definitely not a loud exhaust, but sounds great when you step on it. There is a slip fitting onto the stock downpipe, so the cat-back can be removed. All emissions equipment have been retained and it just passed inspection without any issues.

Boost Gauge with Vent mount

Rennline Competition Wheel Stud Conversion
VW uses an (in my opinion) inferior and annoying aluminum wheel bolt to attach the wheels. It makes aligning the wheel on the hub difficult and the bolts are very easily stripped, but Rennline's kit is rated for track use and are very strong. I did not install these with loctite, so if you do not like them they can be replaced with factory lug bolts from the dealership.

Weathertech Front and Rear Cargo floor mats
Durable floor mats with a lip to keep the interior easy to clean. Some wear on the drivers mat from regular use, but all are still in great shape overall.

Spytech A119 Dash Camera w/ GPS
Mounted beside the rearview mirror and routed to minimize how much wiring is exposed, it automatically turns on with the vehicle and will rewrite the oldest file so the card never fills up.
Was not hardwired into the car, and can be removed without cutting any wires if desired.

Must list price per forum rules

zrickety

The Fixer
Damn, great car. This is exactly what I would buy if I needed another one, 2 door, manual, plaid seats. Lows miles and a good price, GLWS!

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Damn, great car. This is exactly what I would buy if I needed another one, 2 door, manual, plaid seats. Lows miles and a good price, GLWS!

Thanks bud! Hopefully someone in the market feels the same way! I have two other cars, so the money from this is going towards a down payment on a house

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see you sold though sucks to see another OG member leaving the forum. Was cool chatting with ya over the years. Good luck on the house purchase and whatever else life throws your way!