GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension noise

FF_animal

Ready to race!
hr street performance coilovers Installed with ttrs strut mounts and bearings. Under hard Corning I am getting a strange rattle/pop sound like my sway bar is tapping something but when I peeked under I dont see any markings from contact. Hitting a dip or large bump while Corning or driving straight will reproduce this sound. It doesnt sound like a hard metal on metal hit but more like rubber or plastic? Fender screw mod done so idk what could be causing this noise. Could this be the ttrs mounts making this noise? It is coming from the front of the car no doubt. Other than that car rides fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Peeked at the coils and I see rub marks from them making contact. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The springs have dead coils and will touch/compress when the suspension is loaded, but shouldn't make noise. They do make "spring wraps" to silence them though

There's no tire damage from the fender/liner, or rubbing on the fender liner (you'll see marks in the plastic) going on?

How low are you?

Double check the axles aren't hitting the frame and/or the sway bar isn't hitting the axle or control arm (aka you might need shorter links)

FF_animal

Ready to race!
The springs have dead coils and will touch/compress when the suspension is loaded, but shouldn't make noise. They do make "spring wraps" to silence them though

There's no tire damage from the fender/liner, or rubbing on the fender liner (you'll see marks in the plastic) going on?

How low are you?

Double check the axles aren't hitting the frame and/or the sway bar isn't hitting the axle or control arm (aka you might need shorter links)
Car is at 25 ftg height. Fenders rolled and fender screw mod done. Ended up putting in spring wraps where the coils had rub marks and everything is silent know. I emailed H&R about the coil contact and they assured me this is normal and the springs are designed this way. Also spoke to JV at awe tuning who said the same thing. My suspension installer also didn't seem worried by this. So I guess it's just the nature of these coilovers.