GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MT Stage 2 GTI vs MT Subaru BRZ

rquinn19

Ready to race!
I mean, I wouldn't say he's a total idiot.

He's right that the BRZ has more potential as a track car. He's also correct that stock for stock a BRZ will be faster in most autox situations. He's incorrect that it will be faster in most track situations, as it has no powah.

CarEnthusiast, I know it sounds weird to say that not all 200 hp is created equal or whatever, but when I got in my stock GTI after driving a stock FR-S it literally was a rocket ship. Just look at the dyno graphs. The good news for you is, your Civic could destroy both.

But we all know the gti has more than 200hp stock. VW has always underrated their engines. My 1.8t dyno'd close to the 180 crank number

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Having owned both, I wish I had both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses and would complement each other very well in the same garage.

:thumbup:

Edit: I wonder what other engines would fit in an engine bay tho..

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^ Not whp, but 10% on top of a hub dyno. Just want to be specific to beat the aprdynohoarde

rquinn19

Ready to race!
^ Not whp, but 10% on top of a hub dyno. Just want to be specific to beat the aprdynohoarde

Yeah but if APR dyno'd it at that which is right at 200 from the crank we know they chose the lowest dyno numbers they could find before tuning and re-dynoing and posting the best numbers for the largest gain

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Yeah but if APR dyno'd it at that which is right at 200 from the crank we know they chose the lowest dyno numbers they could find before tuning and re-dynoing and posting the best numbers for the largest gain

A normal dyno gives you numbers from the wheels does it not? not from the crank...