GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 vs cls63 AMG

turbor850

Ready to race!
good story, but are you sure he was going all out?

I mean 2 cars each gear on a car that runs pretty much the same as a APR Stage 3 (dynos around 340-360 whp?) - 1/4 mile is mid/high 12's @ 113-114?

I mean I am having a tough time believing this one...

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
damn, the 63? nice setup you must be running. definitely wouldn't expect that with only 325 wheel.

Or 345 wheel.. Depends which dyno you wanna look at. Did 345 on a dynojet at Inline Pro's dyno day in Springfield, VA 2 hours ago.

I mean 2 cars each gear on a car that runs pretty much the same as a APR Stage 3 (dynos around 340-360 whp?) - 1/4 mile is mid/high 12's @ 113-114?

I said "about" 2 cars, The guy was going all out for sure... Maybe 2 cars is a little much. Realistically, the way I pulled past him, I think if we were to line up with 3 honks I'd put a solid car on him in 4th and another 2 cars in 5th...

I was literally letting him initiate the run over and over and then I would go WOT and pull past him...

After each of the 3 pulls, I would slow down to 60 after I pulled past him 3-4 cars. I don't think the cls driver would have kept pulling up next to me, and slowing down then speeding off if he wasn't gonna go WOT when I'm speeding up and overtaking him... Just my opinion. We were both going very fast.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
what did you pay for your build? :eek:

Iit was a developmental price. I paid $3500 for the kit (hardware), then decided to put in rods so that was another $2300 or something around there including labor... I guess you'll see the official price when borg warner gets some more EFR's out for sale and someone tunes the kit... all my labor and dyno tuning was free.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion

talking 1/4 mile times with a fwd car is completely irrelevant to a roll race....thats pretty common knowledge :bellyroll:

and the apr stage 3 cars run under 12.5 with decent drivers...the quickest is now 11.7 @ 117mph on 100 octane

from a roll a a bt car will wipe the floor with a lot of 12 second cars :thumbsup:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I believe it lol. And i'm the guy that has vids and not stories. It's easy to write about beating a car. But vids are always worth more than any words I could use.

And Could you make a vid of your car i'm curious to see how fast it is. I'm thinking ko4 upgrade soon but am afraid it might not "be enough"

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
stage 2 is not doing it for me anymore. :(

Are you unitronic tuned? haven't heard of anyone with a BW turbo.

I am running a unitronic gt28 tune, with 1 or 2 revisions making it suitable for my EFR turbo. In the next few months there should be some official tunes out for this EFR kit.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
I believe it lol. And i'm the guy that has vids and not stories. It's easy to write about beating a car. But vids are always worth more than any words I could use.

And Could you make a vid of your car i'm curious to see how fast it is. I'm thinking ko4 upgrade soon but am afraid it might not "be enough"

Yeah I usually have video's but not this time...

And what kind of video would show you how fast my car is...? Here's me racing a supercharged civic Si... civic put down 330whp on a mustang dyno.. http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27058

Not sure if that shows you "how fast my car is"... my friend has a 500hp chevelle, an '08 M5, and a porsche GT3... I'll see if we can make some vid's in the next month or so... :)

Last edited:

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Those cars are extremely heavy so its not too surprising given the modifications you have. Would be great to see these two match up on a track though