GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 vs... WTF Honda Odyssey?!

BlownFa5

Banned
Thats for the higher ups to decide. Not us engineers who have a great passion. There are BRILLIANT minds at R&D, it just gets masked by the CEOs declining innovation and evolution.

I've seen some CRAZY shit that they've worked on. Twin Turbo TLs, Turbocharged S2000 replacements, Engine designs that are freaking awesome, but all get scrapped :(

It's a shame, really. The end of the s2000 and NSX was the beginning of it. With the new generation Si being as lackluster as it is, I really have no hope for Honda in the immediate future.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Question, How much of this is decided here?

I mean Honda is Japanese after all.

Well...surprisingly enough a lot of operations are done over here in America by American people. Most upper upper management tends to be Japanese but there is a good mix of Americans on those boards too.

Designers are based in LA, R&D is both Japan and Ohio, and the plants are mostly based in America. I myself am in Alabama as an R&D liaison to production.

It's a shame, really. The end of the s2000 and NSX was the beginning of it. With the new generation Si being as lackluster as it is, I really have no hope for Honda in the immediate future.

People dont have hope for Honda in the future because they know nothing of whats going on behind the scenes. All they see is press release after press release of how Honda is trying to up their game, but not the team meetings, CEO memos, concept kickoffs etc. etc. Plus, most of that stuff is months behind after the fact.

They also see the vehicles we are putting out and judge from there and immediately think if its shit......then it'll continue to be shit.

Honda is restructuring and refining, but it'll take some time really get going. I promise there are good offerings coming (or plan to come) but it'll take some time.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Missing my Honda..

I wanted to import an S2K (not sold here)...saw a used one, loved the experience, but can't work for a DD.

Drove an FN2R and felt dead after test driving the torquey little GTI...though the type-R was unique.

I want a Honda with a turbocharger (easy power, tunes, ect.) and 250hp+ stock...hopefully awd......not sure how their fwd with LSD works....mine was just an R18A

I know they wouldn't make a car with those specifications...oh well.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
^^^ Curious why does everyone in the JDM scene put on the Rain-visors?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI

It's part of the "Mugen" aero kit, but people's tastes change..if I had to do it again, i would have left it without the visors or the trunk spoiler..i would have done a do-luck style trunk instead.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It's part of the "Mugen" aero kit, but people's tastes change..if I had to do it again, i would have left it without the visors or the trunk spoiler..i would have done a do-luck style trunk instead.

Its interesting...

The corvette folks use Tail light covers, the Golf folks use roof racks, Honda guys love those rain visors.

each scene has a distinctly different accessories market.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Its interesting...

The corvette folks use Tail light covers, the Golf folks use roof racks, Honda guys love those rain visors.

each scene has a distinctly different accessories market.

I think Honda guys are more into that roof spoiler thing, it looks crazy hideous IMO...just like some "classic" wheels people with VWs run...

PS kinda cool, you can see my honda, which i have sold to my buddy's brother in my sig to the left, it was a car meet, i just noticed haha

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion

I actually really like the JDM sti ones...they are very silm and give you just enough so you can crack the windows and get rid of the window fog

and I think the whole roof rake thing died down in the VW arena since the civic's started copying it haha

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I actually really like the JDM sti ones...they are very silm and give you just enough so you can crack the windows and get rid of the window fog

and I think the whole roof rake thing died down in the VW arena since the civic's started copying it haha

Been to vortex lately? :bellyroll:

BlownFa5

Banned
People dont have hope for Honda in the future because they know nothing of whats going on behind the scenes. All they see is press release after press release of how Honda is trying to up their game, but not the team meetings, CEO memos, concept kickoffs etc. etc. Plus, most of that stuff is months behind after the fact.

They also see the vehicles we are putting out and judge from there and immediately think if its shit......then it'll continue to be shit.

Honda is restructuring and refining, but it'll take some time really get going. I promise there are good offerings coming (or plan to come) but it'll take some time.

I have no hope, because I see what is being put out and see them taking a path similar to what Toyota has taken for the last 10 years.

I'm not saying Honda no longer makes great cars. They still do. Just that they no longer try appeal to the enthusiast. As far as I'm concerned, I own the last Honda vehicle made worth owning, which is over 6 years old, with an engine that's over 10 years old. And it's a Civic.

I'd be surprised if Honda released another sports car, turbo hatch, etc anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe the return of the NSX is a step in the right direction.

BlownFa5

Banned
And no visor will EVER be a part of my car. The roof one especially, look utterly ridiculous.