GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.6 TDI Turbo Upgrade

JACKCYMBER

Hi I've already had my golf's ECU flashed which has turned the performance figures from 100 bhp to 140bhp and added 100 torques...I'm looking for more tho. I was wanting to know if there's a bigger, better turbo out there that will bolt straight on to my engine???

I understand it's not as simple bolt on a turbo, if I can get a hold of another turbo I have plans of a knew upgraded clutch, exhaust, and intercooler and another flash for the ECU.

your probably thinking why bother, get a better car but as I'm only 18 insurance is killing me so making the most of the car I have seemed to be my best bet. All help will be appreciated.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Did you mean 1.9L TDI? In the US the 1.6 turbo diesel was not computer controlled, it was all mechcanical.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
he is not from the US, they have 1.6L Diesels over in the EU countries that get upwards of 80 mpg... Maybe if you paid less attention to your teachers and opened a book on your own, you'd know to read before opening your mouth and inserting your foot...

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Hi I've already had my golf's ECU flashed which has turned the performance figures from 100 bhp to 140bhp and added 100 torques...I'm looking for more tho. I was wanting to know if there's a bigger, better turbo out there that will bolt straight on to my engine???

I understand it's not as simple bolt on a turbo, if I can get a hold of another turbo I have plans of a knew upgraded clutch, exhaust, and intercooler and another flash for the ECU.

your probably thinking why bother, get a better car but as I'm only 18 insurance is killing me so making the most of the car I have seemed to be my best bet. All help will be appreciated.

Depending on your stock set up, the 2.0 CR 140 hp diesel's turbo might bold up, but being I'm an American, we don't get anything but the 140 CR