GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High pressure fuel pump?

Giuseppe

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

I noticed something odd for the first time the other day. I put my dsg into manual mode and was hitting some higher rpms when all of a sudden around 4-5k rpm my car would suddenly and harshly lose power.

The engine would still run but every time I hit higher rpms the engine would lose power suddenly. From reading the forums I'm guessing this is a result of a bad high pressure fuel pump, the thing next to the air box. Can anyone speak to this? Any personal experience?

nevekd128

Ready to race!
you can check fuel pressure parameters in Vagcom or if you have a cobb access port be able to see pressures requested and actual. if you have huge variation then a hpfp might be culprit. I replaced mine at 85000 miles but i was always in limp mode as the hpfp wasn't producing much more than 600psi

Giuseppe

Passed Driver's Ed
You are spot on. My car wouldn't start last weekend so I towed it to the shop. While it was there they checked the hpfp for me. They said it isn't producing enough pressure at high rpms. I ordered one off the web and will swap it out. Hopefully the fixes the problem

Hedgehodge

Passed Driver's Ed
If I rev at idle should my bar pressure requested increase, say 3k rpms I should go from requested 40bar to 55bar? Mine stays 40 in a neutral rev, boggle

Holy hell only 3 pages back these are old, sorry didn't notice