GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Turbo Muffler Delete

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
Just so everyone's aware, this piece does fit the MK6 turbo, BUT, the hose connecting it to the turbo outlet pipe will not work. We'll need to make a new hose for it to work right out of the box on this platform.

Would you happen to have a time frame when the new hose will be made and offered with the muffler delete?

Davespence20

Ready to race!
I thought on our stock ihi turbos we couldn't remove the turbo muffler without some chopping/cutting? Looks as if on the mk7 it's just bolted on

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
The outer chamber is molded into the housing, but the stock insert has slots in it so that the air coming out can expand into it and muffle the noise. These just replace that center section so there are no holes, therefore no muffler, and no turbulence

Davespence20

Ready to race!
The outer chamber is molded into the housing, but the stock insert has slots in it so that the air coming out can expand into it and muffle the noise. These just replace that center section so there are no holes, therefore no muffler, and no turbulence

But it can be removed that easily on the mk6?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
It's 3 bolts, and the center section comes out

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Doesnt the apr ko4 come with this? Or they delete the oem turbo muffler

Our k04 kit deletes the muffler. :)

Would you happen to have a time frame when the new hose will be made and offered with the muffler delete?

No, I don't. I don't even know if we'll make it or not. I'm just laying out what it would take if we were to do it.

I thought on our stock ihi turbos we couldn't remove the turbo muffler without some chopping/cutting? Looks as if on the mk7 it's just bolted on

Here's a side shot of the turbo showing the muffler chamber.

Here's a BW K03 off an FSI taken apart. It's very similar to your turbo. This shot is looking down into the muffler:

Here's the BW K03 muffler insert:

Here is the BW K03 semi assembled: