GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Raceseng Exterior “Tug” Package

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

With previous reviews on the original Raceseng facility & Raceseng Slammer 6-Speed Manual Shift Knob (forums) and more recently on the Raceseng Circuit Series Shift Knobs (search on YouTube), it was time to add some Raceseng highlights to the exterior or my project car. Enter the Raceseng Exterior Tug Package (unofficial name I came up with).

Raceseng Exterior Tug Package:
Tug Plate (Tug Shaft & Tug Plate Mount & Tug Plate Holder)
Tug Plate View
Tug Tow Hook (Tug Shaft & Tug Ring)

Product Description – Tug Plate:
The Tug Plate is a ball joint mounted license plate relocator. Full of adjustability and articulation, the Tug Plate enables you to dial in your license plate fitment to your front bumper.
A simple, yet refined license plate relocator. The Tug Plate's unique design allows for multiple mounting locations, articulation and adjustability to get your plate looking exactly the way you want it.
•Ball joint mount allows complete plate articulation
•Plate can be adjusted in or out from front bumper to tighten fitment
•Multiple plate mounting locations
•Works with all license plate frames
•USA milled high grade alloy steel shaft and aluminum ring
•CNC machined for precise fitment and function
•Superior corrosion resistant multi-stage finish
•Manufactured by Raceseng in the United States

Product Description – Tug Plate View:
Record your street and track driving experience with the Tug Plate View. Simply bolt onto the Tug Plate and hit record.
•Works with any GoPro case with a dual ear mount
•Adjustable camera angle up \ down and left \ right
•Simply bolts on with 2 screws

Product Description – Tug Tow Hook:
Tug is a fully functional, track ready tow hook. Designed with beautiful form and engineered to function.
•Available in black, graphite and red powder coated finishes
•Simple ring locking bolt keeps the ring in a vertical or horizontal position
•Engineered using FEA analysis and tested to SAE standards
•Capable of 10K psi straight pull
•Meticulous Raceseng design language
•Interchangeable with all other Tug System components

Unboxing – Tug Plate:

Unboxing – Tug Plate View:

Unboxing – Tug Tow Hook:

Installation:
Tug Plate Installation Manual: https://www.raceseng.com/media/pdf/tug-plate-installation-guide.pdf
Tug Plate View Installation Manual: http://www.raceseng.com/media/pdf/tug-plate-view-installation-guide.pdf
Tug Tow Hook Installation Manual: https://www.raceseng.com/media/pdf/tug-installation-guide.pdf

Raceseng has one of the most comprehensive lists of installation guides on their website for all of their products. Simply view or download the detailed installation guides for any of their various products. In terms of the Tug Plate, I followed the instructions and installed the Tug Shaft first then the Tug Plate mount, then the actual Tug Plate backing. The Tug Plate mount has a locking ring to keep the plate oriented and my license plate and plate frame bolted up perfectly. The Tug Plate has plenty of adjustment and I decided to keep the Tug Plate backing almost flush to the front bumper while the Tug Plate mount allowed me to get the license plate aligned and perfectly level. For the Tug Plate View, just bolt it up to the Tug Plate backing and connect any GoPro device. Now I need to get another GoPro to enjoy this new mount. Lastly, the Tug tow hook is the same installation as the Tug Plate (in terms of the Tug Shaft) but then screw the Tug tow hook into the shaft. The Tug tow hook has a locking ring to keep the hook oriented and aligned the way you want.

Raceseng Exterior Tug Package Overall Results and Recommendations:
Whether interior or exterior upgrades, Raceseng offers precision execution of hardware with the utmost attention to detail, presented in equally impressive packaging to give the ultimate driving experience from unboxing through vehicle integration. This full Volkswagen exterior “Tug” package is everything currently offered by Raceseng for the MK5-MK7 platform (Tug Plate, Tug Plate View, Tug Tow Hook). As always, the packaging is designed to build anticipation for the addition of new hardware to your car. Installation was a breeze thanks to well-orchestrated instruction manuals. The fit and finish of these parts is second to none and the razor sharp Raceseng logo engraved adds that great flare without being overstated.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Damn this kit looks awesome , its quite pricey thats for sure....

looks great i love all the attachments . The license plate holder with the gopro on top is a nice idea so you dont have to compromise one or the other