GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

flokwon

120 miles so far, picked up the car 3 days ago....noticed water condensation is forming inside the rear blinker lights on the driver's side.

kgbzz1

Passed Driver's Ed
About 1200 miles on mine and no major issues, except for one that I caused myself, which was a broken fuel flap and a nasty little ding as a result. Ding repaired by Dent Wizards (fantastic job he did too) and fuel flap on order. In another post, though, I mentioned the following:

One thing that happens is a knocking noise that seems to come from the rear passenger side. It only happens when the car is cold (first start-up of the day), does not happen straight away and within a few minutes it is gone.

The car makes other odd noises too, sort of like me when I first wake in the morning. Few rattles noisy brakes and a noisy engine. Once warm, though, most of the noises go away.

Also noticed that while driving at speed a couple of times that the car sputtered a bit. I had been messing with the gas cap/fuel flap so I attribute that to getting air in fuel tank or not having the fuel cap seated well enough.

K

mongo1

Ready to race!
So far, I think the biggest problem with the GTI is getting it.

I think I've read that the noise from the passenger side is the fuel pump. It does some sort of priming after a long night of not being driven... Think I even saw a post describing how to place some extra sound insulation to make that noise pretty minimal.

sleepergti86

APRTuned
230 miles

Everything seems to be okay, i have the Navi Unit, and it seems to have a light buzzing sound...maybe it's the HDD.

Oh, and my rear washer nozzle on the hatch spoiler leaks... grrrr

zambrowiak

Passed Driver's Ed
650miles. Since the first day of ownership(2nd week) I got funny goobling knocking like noise during clutch engagement from the first gear only. The noise is rather quiet and disappears after full clutch engagement. If I let go off the clutch very slowly there is no noise at all. Anyone with manual noticed that?
Other than that no issues.

Phlong

Haven't done much driving; only about 175km but haven't noticed anything substantial out of the ordinary. I do hear the slight buzzing a previous poster mentioned and I also attributed that sound to the HDD but I'm not positive. Not many weird noises or leakages experienced on my end.

Tecni

Ready to race!
230 miles

Everything seems to be okay, i have the Navi Unit, and it seems to have a light buzzing sound...maybe it's the HDD.

Oh, and my rear washer nozzle on the hatch spoiler leaks... grrrr

I have the same issue and it makes a small mess on the back windshield

Alex.

Ready to race!
So far, I think the biggest problem with the GTI is getting it.

I think I've read that the noise from the passenger side is the fuel pump. It does some sort of priming after a long night of not being driven... Think I even saw a post describing how to place some extra sound insulation to make that noise pretty minimal.

I agree, getting my car was a journey...

I have had mine for 1 week, and I have 230 miles on it. When I first turn on the car, at low RPMs, I hear rattling from somewhere near the front passenger area. I don't think of it as a problem, as long as it does not get worse.

kurtje

Passed Driver's Ed
I agree, getting my car was a journey...

I have had mine for 1 week, and I have 230 miles on it. When I first turn on the car, at low RPMs, I hear rattling from somewhere near the front passenger area. I don't think of it as a problem, as long as it does not get worse.

got the GTI for 7000km now and no problems...

The rattling sound that you hear comes from the wastegate...
It's not a problem since VW says its normal...

graybunny10

200 miles, rear washer drips, and weird grinding sound on a banked entrance ramp from the drivers side front... sounds like the wheel was grinding on the wheel well.

cgold

1000 miles, 2 issues:

- rear washer drips

- electrical/audio problem occurs sporadically after a cold start, particularly when the car hasn't been driven for a couple of days and/or it's been a cold night. audio volume seems to be all over the place, like the speed adjust and/or max startup volume features are going haywire. Using the touchscreen controls results in a static crackle sound. After driving car for 5 minutes or so a restart seems to fix the issue.

I suspect there's some sort of battery drain/low voltage issue that's made worse by cold temps.

Will be calling the service department soon...