GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 vs. MK7 (stock vs. stock)

dallen13

Ready to race!
That's what I need to do! I put 20k+ on a year and I'm out of warranty in 2 years and when I'm ready to trade it in it's not worth anything anyways.

I usually do this as well. I've already had 2 mk6 gti. I think I'm hanging on to this one for atleast 3 years or as long as it takes for mk7 golf R.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
video done and will be uploaded in few days :)

They're both 2.0's.

Maybe once a legitimate tune (APR etc) is out for the MK7, we will see that the gains from a Stage 1/2 tune aren't as big as the gains a MK6 sees simply because the MK7 is tuned better from the get go?

both are 2.0 indeed! but not the exact same 2.0t carried over from mk6 and tuned for the extra power as many people might think of. :rolleyes:

the new third generation EA888 engine is lighter by 8 pounds due to use of lightweight materials; and it feature a valve-left system, integrated turbo manifold, cylinder head designed with water-cooled exhaust gas circulation loop system, different turbo as well as its location therefore; new intake sytem and many many stuff that i can't recall at the moment which an average potential buyer wouldn't understand (or care to understande)

there are quite a few good stuff for MK7 out already...
should there be no further delay? You will see a "legitimate tune" and parts in January 2014 ;)

Lodi

Go Kart Champion

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion

Yeah... What he said.....this^^^^

I am close to pulling the trigger on a new 2013 Drivers Edition as soon as Monday if they give me what I want on my trade.

Well under invoice PLUS 0% financing is hard to pass up.

I need to read or see.....something......that will make me definitely wait for the MK7.

I DO know that, aesthetically, the MK7 is too similar to the MK6 to make me pass up a great deal on a MK6.

So........let's hear/see what you have please

gtiw7

Ready to race!
here is something to read at the moment...
I was in your position once, almost pulled the trigger on a MK6 but thankfully I didn't!
Regardless of straight line performance (which these cars are not meant to excel at)
the interior quality of MK7 is from another world with plenty of gadgets to play with, I never thought a MK6 would feel "out of class" compared to any hot hatch ever! it has more room as well especially at the rear (more practical)

this can't be explained well in words; you have to see both cars in person to know what I'm talking about. it is those tiny details that makes GTIs better than other hatch backs, so is the case with MK7 you should get in the car, drive it & live with it to really appreciate those tiny things :)

you had enough reading I guess, something to see is being uploaded ;)

Burn

Thanks for the video.

Cool to see a new GTI "on the streets". Looks great and the DSG fart is fairly obvious. Haha.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Thanks for the video.

Cool to see a new GTI "on the streets". Looks great and the DSG fart is fairly obvious. Haha.

glad you liked it :D

I've had the MK7 for a long time now (almost 6 months) I just didn't know people were much interested in such videos!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
here we go again...

akomplice47

Customized Shopping

Where would you all recommend to purchase customized accessories for my new '14 GTI? New to VW and would like to add my own aesthetic touch to my GTI.

Thanks from a noob