GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sputter at high boost

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I know this is an old thread but was there a resolution found for this issue? I have revo stage 1 and the car sometimes sputters and loses power when under heavy load. Its usually between gears 3-5 at around 5-6k rpm. The car bucks and I let off the gas and its fine when I reapply the gas. No CEL ever comes on and I have R8 coils with the iridium spark plugs that came with the coils. The car seemed fine the first few weeks but its been getting progressively worse. It happens hot or cold weather and doesn't matter if traction control is on or off. Performance wise, the car is stock besides the tune. I always run BP 93 octane gas. I thought maybe the iridium spark plugs were gapped incorrectly so I put the stock ones back in but it still does it. I don't have a vagcom cable so I have unfortunately not run logs. I don't have a boost gauge either. I have a 2013 so I believe I have rev D diverter valve.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Have you had the carbon cleaned? My brothers GTI was doing the same thing and his intake ports were 80% blocked from carbon @ 75k miles

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I havent but the car has 30k and this isnt the issue... Its either a fuel cut, software issue or spark plug issue