GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

brobst

Go Kart Champion
My power wire for my amp is close to my sub wires, causing a buzzing sound. Is there something I can wrap the wire in to prevent the buzzing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
What's the difference between TSI and TFSI??? For example, if a turbo kit is said to be compatible with TFSI engines does that mean it would be compatible with a TSI engine?

From the research I've done it seems like vw calls it TSI and Audi calls to TFSI with the main difference being Audi have valve lift on the intake and exhaust sides whereas VW is only 1 side

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
My power wire for my amp is close to my sub wires, causing a buzzing sound. Is there something I can wrap the wire in to prevent the buzzing.

Are you saying the RCA cables are picking up noise from the power wire? It's best practice to avoid running power next to RCA cables, speaker level wires will not pick up noise like RCA's can. Even then, it's not very common for RCAs to pick up noise off of power wire, even when run next to each other. What makes you think this is the cause of the noise?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
When i changed subs the location was changed from the right side of my car to the left. In the old configuration, I did not have any noise, so that's my first guess as to its source. Sounds like could be crosstalk and didn't know if shielding was an wasy fix. The sub wires are the ones that go in the positive and negative terminals, clamped by the sub.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
What did you decide?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm staying. Been helping my dad put up shutters all day. We moved into a new house a few months ago and apparently the previous owners took down and threw away all the tracks for the shutters. We have shutter panels, but no way to install them, so that's what we've been doing all day. Progress is going slow. It's fricken miserable. We got a mandatory evacuation about 30 mins ago, but I don't think we'll even have all our shutters up in time. 2 of the sliding doors are done, but we've still got the front door and 4-5 windows to do. We aren't staying at our house for the hurricane, but it'd make us feel better if we could get all the windows boarded up.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I'm staying. Been helping my dad put up shutters all day. We moved into a new house a few months ago and apparently the previous owners took down and threw away all the tracks for the shutters. We have shutter panels, but no way to install them, so that's what we've been doing all day. Progress is going slow. It's fricken miserable. We got a mandatory evacuation about 30 mins ago, but I don't think we'll even have all our shutters up in time. 2 of the sliding doors are done, but we've still got the front door and 4-5 windows to do. We aren't staying at our house for the hurricane, but it'd make us feel better if we could get all the windows boarded up.
Damn well hang in there. Make sure you have plenty of water and something to distract you if u get caught in evac traffic. Hopefully you're able to finish.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
How do you guys do DSG burnouts? I've never in any car been a burnout guy. Now that I've got a great alignment and all the traction enabling goodies, with a set of performance tires I went to the drag strip put the car in manual, tc off, set weak ass brembo hand brake, rev to 4K, release brake pedal and hammer the gas, hit redline almost instantly shift to second and the engine just kept revving but the tires didn't keep spinning or it didn't feel like they were... it felt like I was revving in neutral. So it was a little embarrassing lol but I tried twice with the same results. Other than lack of experience anything I should do differently to get some heat in my tires before a run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
How do you guys do DSG burnouts? I've never in any car been a burnout guy. Now that I've got a great alignment and all the traction enabling goodies, with a set of performance tires I went to the drag strip put the car in manual, tc off, set weak ass brembo hand brake, rev to 4K, release brake pedal and hammer the gas, hit redline almost instantly shift to second and the engine just kept revving but the tires didn't keep spinning or it didn't feel like they were... it felt like I was revving in neutral. So it was a little embarrassing lol but I tried twice with the same results. Other than lack of experience anything I should do differently to get some heat in my tires before a run?

I put mine in S mode with TC off. Keep brake pressed down no need for hand brake. Rev to your desired RPM stock without a TCU tune is 3k I think. If ur tuned they usually raise the limit. Then you release the brake like you would dump a clutch and go wild. I think it's normal to have it hesitate a little before it goes to second. With stock and good traction you might not burn rubber at all. If you're trying for smoke launch at the highest RPM u can go.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to do more than a "peel and squeal" but even though I have performance tires they're still street tires so it's probably not necessary to go till they smoke. I do have stage 2 DSG from eurodyne. And I have launch control set to 4500 I can adjust in my ECU file though to whatever I want. It was a shit night though. Best time was 13.6 against a C7 that ran a 13.2 my 60' was a 2.44 I just couldn't get any grip and it was packed so I left after 3 runs.

webbry4

Ready to race!
I've seen a couple rear diffuser on here painted gloss black and want that on my car. I am thinking of maybe trying a diy vinyl wrap it gloss instead of paint to save some cash. Any body have any input on how that would play out or any tips I should know going into it