GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RAI Oxygen Sensor Adjustable Spacer

Interesting. I have them pretty damn tight already so I'm not sure where the issue is.

Might be taking the cat back off anyway, it's a bit loud for my tastes (when did I get old??!). Giving it time to break in to see what it sounds like first.

crew219

Banned
still a bad idea. i did that on my first AWE downpipe.

x2

An impact will crush the pipe where the small metal block sits.

IIRC APR gave a very specific torque setting for the accuseal clamps with the corsa install instructions.

Dave

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
regardless if you guys think it's a bad idea or not anytime the AWE throws a check engine light that claim it wasn't installed right and that the installed needs to follow the directions to the T.

crew219

Banned
regardless if you guys think it's a bad idea or not anytime the AWE throws a check engine light that claim it wasn't installed right and that the installed needs to follow the directions to the T.

Of course they will.

What's funny is that I've never had leakage with accuseal clamps on any exhaust setup. The paste is just a bandaid for a sloppy install and makes it almost impossible to separate the pipes later on.

Dave

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone else bought and used our spacer?

I installed a Billy Boat TBE at the shop a week ago with your jetted J spacer and he has yet to get an MIL.

I'd like to put the J one on my car, if you can work out the reasonable shipping, I'm ready when you are.

5 days now no CEL. The clamps are nice and tight, not overly so. I will need to readjust the catback for the rattle, and hit the turbo flange bolts this weekend as a precaution.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
9 days later, car threw a CEL.
Going to check codes after work and see which sensor is running rich or lean and modify spacers appropriately.

10 Days, on Stage 2 for 6, still no CEL. :D

Thumper

Autocross Champion
9 days later, car threw a CEL.
Going to check codes after work and see which sensor is running rich or lean and modify spacers appropriately.

DAMN!!

You're setup gave me hope....LOL....keep us informed on what you find, I'm going to start my install this weekend or next.