GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Visceralsoup's Golf R build

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Could you send me the link please. I'm in the market for a FMIC.
this had me worried but if yours is an exception and your install goes smoothly I'll probably make the jump. Thanks!

Wow I sure hope I am ok. I spoke with the seller and he said he has sold over 25 of these with no fitment complaints yet.

http://eurojetracing.com/warranty

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=361383746696&alt=web

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
Man I wish I had the cash to do all of these things. How do you like the pflo? Im in SD too we should meet up sometime

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
Most of my funds came from parting out my GTI haha.

Yeah dude for sure we should. I was at Qualcomm racing last night, not sure if you were there. Cars and Coffee is tomorrow morning as well.

My car is stock besides a DGS6. Got a link for cars and coffee? And Ive never been to a racing event my car gets driven like a grandma cause im lazy to shift fast lol

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
So the intercooler is in with only a little bit of fuss. Didnt have to grind anything down at all it just took a lot of moving stuff around to get holes to line up. For 400 bucks its a great buy.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
So the intercooler is in with only a little bit of fuss. Didnt have to grind anything down at all it just took a lot of moving stuff around to get holes to line up. For 400 bucks its a great buy.
Nice man! Glad you didn't run into any fitment issues.

You should consider installing the charge & discharge pipes now that you have an upgraded intercooler. The pipes can cause some turbo surge when letting off of WOT, but it's nothing crazy like those JDM cars. It actually tripped me out hearing it in a German performance hatchback :p

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
Who's intercooler did you get? Total replacement in the factory position like APR, or additional like some others?

Sent from the ether.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Picked up some ST coils. They ride much better than my more expensive ksport kontrols. My only gripe is a slight squeaking, rubbing sound at very slow speeds. I've read that this is common.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
New sounds for the R tonight.
I picked up a custom SRQ 10" enclosure and a sundown audio sd-3 subwoofer. Its rated at 500rms. Read through a couple threads on here and went with a JL Audio monoblock amp and an AudioControl line out converter.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Alright, big update.
Since last posting, I have:
Redynod after intercooler
picked up new wheels
Converted to wheel studs
Finished the sub install
Installed engine mounts
Ordered a couple more parts

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Awesome!!! What're you cranking out now at the wheels? The intercooler, at least for me, helped a crap ton.

You'll love the mounts btw. Shifting should be way smoother if you upgraded all of them.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

Torque solutions 75a durometer.
Slightly buzzy on acceleration, quiet on idle. Hopefully noise will subside after a few weeks.

Rpf1 17x9
235/40/17 BF Goodrich Gforce

These are awesome wheels but I had to get 12mm spacers for the front. The R calipers are just too large.
Tires are a bit noisy and Im finding it hard to get grip. I feel that the lightness of the wheels is the cause, not the tires.

Redynod with only the front wheels. This is a dynapack so it is unlinked. Made 284 whp on 88 octane tune (91 california gas is crap) and I made 313 with an e30 mix (adjusted octane setting to 100). Pretty impressive gains between the two, and a true testament to the car's ability to adapt to small amounts of ethanol.

Went with a Sundown sd-3 10" 500w rms
The box itself is .66 cubic feet which is perfect for the subwoofer I chose. Paired with the JL audio mono amp and AudioControl LC2-i, this really woke up the stock system and makes for a solid upgrade.

Ran at Fontana last week for the Street Legal races.
Conditions were not ideal.
2800 DA
80°
No prep
Street tires

12.4 is pretty good considering these factors.
Found a calculator online and given the DA, 12.4 turns into a 12.0 at sea level. Not accurate Im sure but it gives me hope.