GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

13 Stage 2 Uni DSG vs 16 Stage 1 WRX

corman1313

Ready to race!
Interesting, I had an 05' WRX and felt like a slug at low speeds but felt pretty quick up top. I edged out my buddy's 328i a couple times up top which sort of surprised me as he had the bigger motor. The GTI feels like the total opposite of the WRX, thanks for the insight.
Was your WRX Protuned?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
My buddy has an 09 WRX hatch. Stage 1 cobbed. Honestly, once it's rolling and he would floor it, it didn't feel much faster than my apr stg1 old file gti. When he would accelerate from a dig sure it felt strong with the AWD assist, however once he reached around 40-50mph, it didn't feel anything special than what I would feel in my stg1 gti.
Yeah...looking forward to Stage 2 updated APR next week. Nearly 350lbs torque, here I cum! :D :thumbup:

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Thats not surprising. Stage 1+ APR mk6 beats the new 2016 WRX stage 1 cobb. They are pretty slow and the cobb OTS tunes are way to conservative. But a stage 1 protuned wrx will roll on us all day.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
Thats not surprising. Stage 1+ APR mk6 beats the new 2016 WRX stage 1 cobb. They are pretty slow and the cobb OTS tunes are way to conservative. But a stage 1 protuned wrx will roll on us all day.

Exactly what i was going to say. The new 2.0t WRX will be a monster just wait. Unlike the STI which is still runing the same old 2.5T. Both have just about the same 0-60 times

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I've beaten a wrx hatch completely stock and the driver even took off first than me on a roll and I caught up and passed him . Was at about half a car before we had to slow down. I was as surprised as the driver was, his neck definitely broke along with his jaw dropped as I passed him lol

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
I've beaten a wrx hatch completely stock and the driver even took off first than me on a roll and I caught up and passed him . Was at about half a car before we had to slow down. I was as surprised as the driver was, his neck definitely broke along with his jaw dropped as I passed him lol

I did the same except it was an STI hatch with an exhaust and suspension. From how bad I beat him I doubt he was tuned.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Was on the highway over the weekend and had a new body style sti behind me. I was in the far left lane and he moved over a lane to pass me on the right... As he started, I downshifted into 5th and punched it... He couldn't pass me... Poor guy, he had his girl with him too. It looked and sounded stock. CSB

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Was on the highway over the weekend and had a new body style sti behind me. I was in the far left lane and he moved over a lane to pass me on the right... As he started, I downshifted into 5th and punched it... He couldn't pass me... Poor guy, he had his girl with him too. It looked and sounded stock. CSB

Wow is it really that much drivetrain loss on those? It's incredible.

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
Raced my friend again 4 times last night. He now has a full turboback catless exhaust and stage 2 ots cobb map. We did 2 rolls from 1st gear around 10-15 mph and I slowly pulled in 1st and 2nd gear. Once I hit 3rd gear, I jumped 1-1.5 cars and didn't look back. From a launch he had an advantage as we were on a road that had some small rocks and dirt. I didn't use LC and he gained a car on launch but I reeled him in in 3rd gear. Overall, I'm still not impressed with this generation WRX. I think they really need to get a protune or even bigger turbo to really open up their performance.

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
Raced my friend again 4 times last night. He now has a full turboback catless exhaust and stage 2 ots cobb map. We did 2 rolls from 1st gear around 10-15 mph and I slowly pulled in 1st and 2nd gear. Once I hit 3rd gear, I jumped 1-1.5 cars and didn't look back. From a launch he had an advantage as we were on a road that had some small rocks and dirt. I didn't use LC and he gained a car on launch but I reeled him in in 3rd gear. Overall, I'm still not impressed with this generation WRX. I think they really need to get a protune or even bigger turbo to really open up their performance.

This is pretty much my exact experience as well.
Raced a '16 Stage II WRX this weekend twice from a roll and one launched.
He said he had Stage II cobb, and he had an exhaust, but not sure if he had anything else.
My gti is Eurodyne Stage II, Intake, TBE, Full Mount kit, RSR Clutch, h&r coilovers, etc.
Dynod a few weekends ago at 285hp/340tq for reference.

Both roll races started at 20-25 mph, 2nd gear. Quickly got about a car length on him by top of 2nd gear. 3rd & 4th easily pulled away. Both races I had about 3 car lengths on him.
Only did 1 launch race but similar result. He jumped out on me off the line with the awd, but caught him in 3rd gear and slowly walked away in 4th. Beat him by a little under a car length.

I wasn't impressed with the WRX either

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
This is pretty much my exact experience as well.

Raced a '16 Stage II WRX this weekend twice from a roll and one launched.

He said he had Stage II cobb, and he had an exhaust, but not sure if he had anything else.

My gti is Eurodyne Stage II, Intake, TBE, Full Mount kit, RSR Clutch, h&r coilovers, etc.

Dynod a few weekends ago at 285hp/340tq for reference.

Both roll races started at 20-25 mph, 2nd gear. Quickly got about a car length on him by top of 2nd gear. 3rd & 4th easily pulled away. Both races I had about 3 car lengths on him.

Only did 1 launch race but similar result. He jumped out on me off the line with the awd, but caught him in 3rd gear and slowly walked away in 4th. Beat him by a little under a car length.

I wasn't impressed with the WRX either

You're 285hp/340tq at the crank right or to the wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk