GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about my clutch

Delux24

I have a VW Golf Mk6 1.4 TSI recently had my clutch changed at a garage with 52,000 miles on the clock due to the clutch slipping. The change was back in march this year. But, i have realised my clutch is at the same biting point as it was before the clutch change and the pedal is quite heavier aswell. I took it to my local mechanic and he said the clutch is on it's way out, so i took it back to the garage that the clutch was replaced at, and they said they could not fault my clutch. Also whenever i get to the biting point (especially on reverse) the car judders quite a lot and feels as if it's about to stall, without my adding any gas. I have driven many golfs and none of them have the same issue as me. Is this normal on the mk6 1.4 tsi?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Is it an aftermarket clutch or did you replace it with a stock clutch?

I've got an aftermarket clutch with a lightweight flywheel on my mk6 gti and I would say reverse feels a lot like what you explained, you feel it in forward as well but not as much. With my set up it's completely normal and to make the car feel smoother I have to rev it up a little, like 1200 rpms, and then I can start to let the clutch out.

Delux24

Got it replaced with stock clutch. I didn't get my flywheel changed just the clutch. Would you say this is normal on a stock clutch? Yeah i have to kind of rev mine aswell, but not as high as 1200rpm.