GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

sauceman101

Ready to race!
APR better get their shit together with these updated stage 1 and 2 tunes, or they're going to lose a lot of customers. Eurodyne take notice too. Took cobb long enough. Anyone else see this? or am I the first one to let the cat out of the bag?

Attachments

• IMG_7675.PNG
    IMG_7675.PNG
    125.1 KB · Views: 2,188

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
First I've seen of this. I'm guessing we won't see any numbers til the 22nd?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Well if this APR update comes out, I might have to wait and see what Cobb is going to offer...

Gino

Ready to race!
They are really late. I can't imagine they will be that great. Unless they offer the self in car tune switching ( I think that is what it is ). I know a friend of mine has this COBB Tuner in his Subi and I guess he can change tunes pretty easily. I don't know enough about them.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
I had an inclination a few weeks ago when one of their reps said something they shouldn't have. This confirms it. I am really excited honestly. Cobb is late to the party but I can see them being a dominate player in the mk6 space in no time.

Also my guess. I give it less than a year from release that close to, if not the majority of new tunes will for MK6s will be Cobb, those with tunes may not be as quick to switch over. But with their reputation across, ford, subaru, mazda, etc. brands I'm sure they will have solid support for our vehicles too. An intake manifold may now be worth it!

First I've seen of this. I'm guessing we won't see any numbers til the 22nd?

I would guess the same. I think though based on what they do with other brands, it'll be geared to custom tuning, making it much easier to go from stage 1-3 and tweak for different bolt ons. I'm sure there will be base shelf tunes for each of the major stages too though

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
They are really late. I can't imagine they will be that great. Unless they offer the self in car tune switching ( I think that is what it is ). I know a friend of mine has this COBB Tuner in his Subi and I guess he can change tunes pretty easily. I don't know enough about them.

I'm assuming it will be via their accessport which acts as a monitor as well, just like they do with all their other platforms

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Well if this APR update comes out, I might have to wait and see what Cobb is going to offer...

My exact thoughts. My clutch and diff will be in within two weeks of this release and APRs updates are supposedly days away. Will make this spring very interesting.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
this opens a big door for tuning. Cobb is somewhat local. would love to get this and get a map for meth!

pick me COBB for testing! lol

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
You know, someone just said to me from a very reputable shop that "their will be a very versatile tuning tool released soon" and I had no idea what they could be talking about. This will be awesome.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Will be interesting to see their numbers vs. the new APR tunes.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
numbers don't matter much. i'm sure it'll be the same or similar to other stage 1/2 tunes. but from what i can tell (no personal experience) the accessport will be infinitely better than switching maps through a stalk. and diagnostics/flashing in your driveway will be available for free, not an additional $200 dongle.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
numbers don't matter much. i'm sure it'll be the same or similar to other stage 1/2 tunes. but from what i can tell (no personal experience) the accessport will be infinitely better than switching maps through a stalk. and diagnostics/flashing in your driveway will be available for free, not an additional $200 dongle.

Not to mention switching up and down between tunes at the cost of an APR dealer visit and the labor that costs. If Cobb supports this platform like they do the others, all of the base tunes for each stage level will be available for one price. Saving all of the hassle!