GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
How reliable are these tunes out of the gate from different companies? I understand Cobb is reputable but would it be better to wait a few months to see how it performs/reacts with different mods? Or will the ability to personally tune switch make tweaking that much easier and safer?

handisnacks

Ready to race!
numbers don't matter much. i'm sure it'll be the same or similar to other stage 1/2 tunes. but from what i can tell (no personal experience) the accessport will be infinitely better than switching maps through a stalk. and diagnostics/flashing in your driveway will be available for free, not an additional $200 dongle.
Isn't the Accessport tool itself like $650? Including no tune(s)? Or am I missing something...

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Well then... Other VW/audi exclusive Tuners should watch out.

Yes they should. They have a great name that is known for APR quality products at competitive prices. Too long have the big euro companies price gouged the shit out of the VAG scene just because they are supposed to be more upscale etc. If Cobb can pull off their accessport with a big library of tunes, the ability to protune, and the logging/LC/NLS features it'll be a game changer. They are normally around $500 dollars for every other car around our price point so I'd think they will stick around there.

only a matter of time before they tune the mk7

Exactly. The tuners are having troubles breaking the 2016 ECU codes so Cobb will get there, but it might take a while.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the Accessport tool itself like $650? Including no tune(s)? Or am I missing something...

It's $500 for the Evo, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, and Ecoboost mustang with a huge library of free tunes and the ability to protune. I would "assume" that Cobb will price it around there since those cars and in the same price point but we'll see.

It's $650 for the Mazdaspeeds. I think we can be right in assuming it'll be $500-650.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion

cobb has base maps, but you can tweak all kinds of data. hopefully a boost by gear or rpm :D

example, stage 1 is from stock upgrade, stage 2 base downpipe, stage 2+/3 for k04. you can also send logs to tuners/etuners for better tunes

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
It's $500 for the Evo, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, and Ecoboost mustang with a huge library of free tunes and the ability to protune. I would "assume" that Cobb will price it around there since those cars and in the same price point but we'll see.

not to mention, cobb is big on e85 as well. so hopefully flex fuel upgrades for the VW/audi scene. im more interested in dyno tunes. I myself running on water meth, should be able to get the full potential

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Known for a while. Yes it's Mk6 first.......

AU is also a COBB pro Tuner so we've been talking about doing a 91 and e85 tune for my setup.

PuYang

Ready to race!
I might finally go to Stage 1!! After close to 4 years of owning my car!

I've always been too lazy to go to a shop to get a tune, especially when I find my power is more than enough for what I use it for right now. (Stock all season tires aren't very good).

But if this comes out, I will pick one up and skip going to any shops etc.

My brother has owned 2 Cobb access ports for his STI, and they seem really decently made, and convenient. Can't wait!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Pros:
Free base maps available
Flash in your driveway
Can be removed before taking to a dealer
On the fly diagnostics
Can be tuned by competent tuners
You won't have to explain who your tuner is when your JDM friends ask wtf is a unitronic

Cons:
Most of us are already tuned and can't get a refund

This will be nice... I may switch from Uni to Cobb depending on available maps + features

F23t turbo and Cobb tuning k04 files??! I can imagine the possibilities..... w00t

zrickety

The Fixer
Piqued my interest too.