GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPUTTERING!!!! NEED HELP ASAP

mkhan4343

I have a 2012 GTI. About a year ago i took off the stock exhaust and put on the eurojet turbo back exhaust without a cat. Now the car started to sputter when I accelerate. The sputtering is getting worse and worse. I took it to VW and they said its because there is no cat, the 02 sensor went bad and now the car is just dumping gas into the engine and not burning it off. Has this happened to anyone else? how do i fix it?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Get a tune or a new O2 sensor. Sounds like typical bullshit from the dealership though so I'd find oneone who can read the codes. There should be some.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
get your codes checked first before doing anything. There should be a check engine light on if its sputtering.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
You probably either messed up the primary o2 sensor when you installed it, or didn't connect it properly or the wiring got burnt or ripped. Any sensor after the first one doesn't matter. You might have codes for them but they don't effect how the car runs.

First, get the codes. I would bet one of them is B1S1 O2 sensor.

Gunkata...can we make a sticky or something that says don't post any problems without checking the codes and posting them with it?

This is getting ridiculous. It's like going to the doctor and saying I'm sick. Well what feels bad? I don't know. OK, heres some Oxycontin. Take this along with 27 advils and maybe you will feel better.