GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR Golf R Products and Information

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Official APR Golf R Products and Information

www.GOAPR.com

APR LLC is an automotive engineering firm operating a 36,000 sq. ft. performance campus in
Opelika, AL with expansions adding an additional 48,000 sq ft by 2014. APR was founded in
1997 with a corporate philosophy of Integrity, Excellence and Innovation. APR's Sole
Mission is to provide the highest quality and most highly engineered aftermarket
performance products available for Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen vehicles. APR has
professionally raced the 2.0T in the Grand-AM Since the 2008 Season. Through Motorsport
Racing APR's pushed the limits of the 2.0T engine to ensure our products are safe for
every day use!

APR, Enhancing the Driving Experience with No Compromise.

Take a tour of APR!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

APR has a complete performance line up to take your Golf R to beyond 500HP!

The following Stages are available:

The following Programs are available:
  • Stock Mode
  • APR Performance 91 Octane (R+M)/2 or 95 RON Mode
  • APR Performance 93 Octane (R+M)/2 or 98 RON Mode
  • APR Performance 100 Octane (R+M)/2 or 104 RON Mode
  • Valet Mode

The following Features are available at each stage:
  • Program Switching
  • Security Lockout

The following APR hardware is avaialble:

Other Products:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

APR Stage I ECU Upgrade

APR’s Stage I ECU Upgrade is designed for vehicles with little to no modification. Expect higher peak numbers
of 310 horsepower and 311 ft-lbs of torque, but also gains of up to +57 horsepower and +58 ft-lbs
through the power band.

When running the intake specific software with a full intake system, more gains can be had. Expect higher
peak numbers of 337 horsepower and 309 ft-lbs of torque, but also gains of up to +72 horsepower and +61
ft-lbs through the power band.Read More...

APR Stage I+ ECU Upgrade

APR’s Stage I+ ECU Upgrade requires an APR High Pressure Fuel Pump and is designed for vehicles with little to no
other modification. Expect higher peak numbers of 337 horsepower and 337 ft-lbs of torque, but also gains of up
to +77 horsepower and +81 ft-lbs through the power band when combined with APR's intake specific software and
a full intake system.Read More...

APR Stage II+ ECU Upgrade

APR’s Stage II+ ECU Upgrade requires an APR High Pressure Fuel Pump, at least an APR Downpipe Exhaust System but is
optimized for APR’s full RSC Exhaust System and a full intake system. Expect higher peak numbers of 362 horsepower
and 370 ft-lbs of torque, but also gains of up to +103 horsepower and +111 ft-lbs through the power band with all
of these modifications.Read More...

APR Carbonio Intake System

Manufactured from aerospace grade carbon fiber, Carbonio further improves this material by incorporating a proprietary
thermal barrier layer in its construction. The result is an exceptionally light and strong part that minimizes intake
temperatures. This ensures that the engine optimizes power by receiving the coldest and most oxygen rich air possible.
Read More...

APR High Pressure Fuel Pump

In order to address the lack of fuel in the midrange, the APR FSI fuel pump increases the volume of fuel from
the high pressure pump by over 40%. Simplified, this is achieved by modifying some key internal parts within
the pump. Changing these components requires precision machining of the new components with special surface
treatments as well as enlarged, redesigned seals. Using inferior components on this critical part can lead to
many problems from gasoline in the engine oil (from a bad seal) to complete engine failure (from a seized piston
in the high pressure pump). Read More...

APR Intercooler

APR has designed the best intercooler upgrade for your 2.0T engine. Charge air cooling is essential to maintaining
powerful and safe operation of a turbocharged engine and as performance is increased, so must the thermal
effectiveness of the intercooler. The APR FSI Intercooler is a perfect OEM intercooler replacement with an
intercooler core size almost three times the size of the original unit. Read More...

APR RSC Exhaust System

APR's RSC™ Technology is now available for the MK6 Golf R in our newest 2.0T RSC™ 3" Performance Exhaust System.
RSC™ or Reflective Sound Cancellation allows for maximum exhaust gas flow while completely eliminating unwanted
in cabin sound resonance known as "drone". RSC™ incorporates innovative technologies developed in conjunction
with NASA. With limited use of packing materials and no baffles, RSC™ allows for a completely straight and free
flowing exhaust path throughout the RSC™ mufflers. Reflective Cancellation bounces the undesirable sound waves
into each other to attenuate the wave and completely eliminate the low frequency tones that create drone. Each
RSC™ muffler is tuned to eliminate specific, undesirable sound frequencies allowing only the engine's true and
desirable exhaust note to be heard and improving performance. Read More...

APR Runner Flap Delete

The APR Runner Flap Delete (RFD)™ System is a motorsport inspired upgrade designed to eliminate airflow restrictions
within the factory intake manifold. This product is for anyone looking to maximize performance on highly tuned engines.
Read More...

APR Boost Tap

The APR Modular Boost Tap and PCV Bypass System plugs directly into the intake manifold and makes several configuration
options available. The APR Modular Boost Tap features a tap used for referencing boost or vacuum from the manifold and
a cap if this feature is unneeded. A T-junction allows for multiple boost and vacuum references and a 'no buzz' restrictor
pill allows for proper manual boost gauge operation. The system also includes a threaded PCV plug, allowing the PCV
system to operate as intended by the OEM, as well as blocked off if needed for a specific PCV or catch-can setup.
Furthermore, temporarily installing the threaded plug allows for quick diagnosis of the PCV valve for boost leaks.
This innovative and modular design ensures operation with all boost, vacuum and PCV system combinations, leaving no
compatibility worries for future configurations. Read More...

APR Stage III+ Turbocharger System

Building upon over a decade’s worth of experience with turbocharged Audi and VW engines, including over half a
decade with direct injected engines, APR’s Engineers have taken the Golf R and S3 to ground breaking levels of
performance without compromise.

APR is pleased to introduce the Golf R and S3 Stage III Turbocharger System. Producing over 475 horsepower
in racing configurations with nearly no increase in turbocharger lag over the vehicle’s factory setup, Stage
III places the Golf R's and S3’s accelerative performance in the same league as that of large V8 supercharged
muscle cars and sub $400,000 exotic sports cars. Thanks to the Golf R's and S3’s all-wheel drive system, power
delivery is unlike anything previously experienced in standard form. As you hear a new exotic growl from your
exhaust system, expect exhilarating g-force levels sure to put a huge grin on your face! Read More...

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
APR Badge

APR is pleased to present APR Badges for all customers modified with APR's different stages of performance enhancements.
Proudly display your APR car's performance stage with the customizable APR badge. OEM style domed and polished chrome
letters make the badge appear as if it was installed right on the VAG assembly line. The large and small APR badge
includes the Letters A, P, R, a red and black 'Stage' flag, three chrome 'Stage' Roman numerals and one red and black
'Plus Stage' hash mark. Arrange the roman numerals to list your current stage (Stage I, I+, II, II+, III or III+).
Read More...

If you have any questions about APR, APR Motorsport, our products or any other questions, ask away!

GoAPR!

Last edited:

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the VWR stuff is really nice. You had the h&r kit? I'm unimpressed with my h&r coils. They are ok but nothing special

Last edited:

Evo_s4

Ready to race!
Is that the actual filter for the carbonio, mine came with one that look like a K&N

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Anyone looking at getting the VWR intake, just be aware, even with their "fix" people dont run anywhere near stock fuel trim values. I'm still at 12% after the replacement pipe and about 800 miles. Another car I scanned is at 9% with the replacement. Spend half the money and get an intake that works, but maybe doesnt look as pretty,

JAG1

Ready to race!
What do you mean with" stock fuel trim values", sorry I don't get it....

Anyone looking at getting the VWR intake, just be aware, even with their "fix" people dont run anywhere near stock fuel trim values. I'm still at 12% after the replacement pipe and about 800 miles. Another car I scanned is at 9% with the replacement. Spend half the money and get an intake that works, but maybe doesnt look as pretty,