GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BT Steering Wheel Controls for Streaming Providers

jadedgamerx

Hello!

I've been digging around on the interwebs and this forum looking for an answer to my question but thus far have not been able to find anything. Rather than load a bunch of music onto my phone I instead leverage the Google Play cloud service and store everything there and stream via my phone, ipad, etc via bluetooth.

The problem I run into is that in order to switch tracks or pause or anything I have to physically interact with the device itself as the steering wheel controls do not appear to exhibit any control on the device. Does anyone know why this might be or if there is any way to make them work or workaround? I read that voice commands may work but won't be able to test until after work but I would still prefer to use the steering wheel controls vs a clunky voice menu that doesn't understand me half of the time.

Thanks for any help or advice.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I use Spotify on my HTC One and I can use the steering wheel controls through Bluetooth. Make sure on your device you have both "Phone audio" and "Media audio" selected in the Bluetooth settings.

The song information even gets displayed on my screen. :)

It might be on a per app basis though.

Skidplate1

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't the ability to do that with my LG G2. That would be nice to be able to control my music via the steering wheel controls.

rjohnson5481

Ready to race!
searchhhh mayne.

The steering wheels controls and many other features only work over BT on select modules it's a massive annoyance and widely discussed. MDI port in the center console should solve the issue.