GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth Issues!

Tyla3870

Hi,

I bought a VW Golf a couple of days ago. I cannot get the Bluetooth to work, to connect to my iPhone 6. On the MFD in setting page there is an option to activate Bluetooth, along with this there is also a option for Bluetooth on the media page which cant be clicked. There's no option on the drivers display to select for search for any devices.

We know that their is a Bluetooth module installed under the driver seat with the numbers "7P6 035 730B" written on the module. We have the "RCD510 Premium 8" system. We cannot find a physical Bluetooth button anywhere in the car, as well as no other devices we have that aren't apple also not finding a Bluetooth signal for the car.

We have done the basic's such as unplugging and re-plugging in the module, and resetting the MFD to its factory settings, but we've still had no luck. I find that the car has Bluetooth installed, but it doesn't know that it has it. Along with this my iPhone 6 is unrecognised when connected through the MDI cable.

If anyone could help whether this is a firmware problem, the Bluetooth Module is not compatible with the phone or the car, or any other possibilities.

Thanks in advance

I'm having Bluetooth issues in my 2016 gti. It was working perfectly and two days ago it stoped working. Now, the screen only shows the auxiliar connection and it seems like the car doesn't have a Bluetooth connectivity. I can take my car to the dealership, but I'd like to fix it because it's a long drive.

Please let me know if you get any suggestion.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
Could be the Bluetooth box itself. I had mine replaced shortly after purchase, and it's been fine since.