GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Myth-Busted: 2.0 TSI upgraded injectors mystery solved.

jon570

Ready to race!
I didnt read through all the pages of this post. But, for anyone interested in purchasing these parts. I work at a GM Dealership and could probably get you some decent pricing on the injectors and the harness needed. Just PM me if youd like prices.

raphaelpmc

Dude,

You are amazing guy! I don't like neither this ¨star brands¨telling us what to do, wheres the roots of building cars is?
Great job! i am very pleasant and soon will order this DI !

Regards

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping this thread. Just got a 2010 golf GTI (right hand drive model from Asia) and am slowly collecting parts for a F23T upgrade with custom stratified/Cobb tune. Goal is 370-380whp. Plenty of ethanol based fuel available here in Thailand. E20 and E85 straight from the pump. As far as I understand the fuel pump will cut it but the injectors will not?

eBay has these for about $80 per injector, free delivery. Based on the part number should be ok with the harness and o-ring mods right? 30% more flow will work perfect for an E85 tune.

Genuine Bosch 0261500112 Fuel Injector

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Bosch-...499640?hash=item3613261ff8:g:7D8AAOSw4CFYrfOI

Last edited:

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Bumping this thread. Just got a 2010 golf GTI (right hand drive model from Asia) and am slowly collecting parts for a F23T upgrade with custom stratified/Cobb tune. Goal is 370-380whp. Plenty of ethanol based fuel available here in Thailand. E20 and E85 straight from the pump. As far as I understand the fuel pump will cut it but the injectors will not?

eBay has these for about $80 per injector, free delivery. Based on the part number should be ok with the harness and o-ring mods right? 30% more flow will work perfect for an E85 tune.

Genuine Bosch 0261500112 Fuel Injector

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Bosch-...499640?hash=item3613261ff8:g:7D8AAOSw4CFYrfOI

I don't think COBB has files available for ROW 2.0TSI cars. :iono:

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think COBB has files available for ROW 2.0TSI cars. :iono:

I don't understand what differences there are, both have the TSI engine and same ECU right ? I already informed stratified automotive of my plan and they are up for it.

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I don't understand what differences there are, both have the TSI engine and same ECU right ? I already informed stratified automotive of my plan and they are up for it.

Have you informed your car VIN to them? They know that yours is ROW (Rest of World) not NA (North America) 2.0TSI?

I have personally asked them about tuning ROW 2.0TSI using COBB but they told me it is only available for NA 2.0TSI.

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you informed your car VIN to them? They know that yours is ROW (Rest of World) not NA (North America) 2.0TSI?

I have personally asked them about tuning ROW 2.0TSI using COBB but they told me it is only available for NA 2.0TSI.

I told them at the very beginning that I live in Thailand, and that I would need remote tuning, kinda hoped that they would figure out that I don't have a left hand drive NA 2.0TSI. However I sent another message just now to be 100% clear. There is always etuners but they are an 8hr drive and would need to cross the border to Malaysia. Definitely need a remote tune option.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
FYI - the injectors aren't enough to run e85 100%. you'll need an additional fuel pump and aux injection.

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so confirmed 100% ok for a custom tune from stratified for my car.

They said they can tune with stock injectors with E30 and power will be similar to running WMI. I guess the higher octane allows for more timing and boost.

In terms of F23T and WMI (stock injectors) the power achieved by this setup and a pro tune is 370whp. Is displayed on their website. This is enough for me.

So from there one would assume, by adding the mentioned injectors, this would allow for up to 30% extra flow and therefore a bit more headroom to work with the extra ethanol. I am talking either E30 or possibly E85.

I suspect the 370whp figure with the F23T would be on the edge of the stock injectors capabilities, so I suspect if one changes to E30, maybe the little bit extra flow required would be easier with the larger injectors, but from what you are saying Kern417 is that full E85 would require other changes right?

If this is the case then perhaps E30 makes more sense.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
the car on their website is andrew's (used to be abowers on here) car. he just got it dyno'd a week ago, and they've been working on his car for a while. he uses a lot of meth and imo i'd run meth over mixing ethanol, especially if you're going to tune for it and need a specific blend.

regarding the injectors, you'll need a pump to support the injectors properly. also, keep in mind that 30% more fuel will get you to the same power level. so if you max out stock injectors on 93, adding an injector that flows 30% more will get you the same power with e85. 370whp is about as much as anyone has made with just fuel (no meth) and on the edge of the injectors which i also believe is not a safe working space. your best bet is to keep the stock injectors and add an aux injector in your throttle body pipe or add meth.

that's just my recommendation. i know some people try to run ethanol blends without tuning and it runs ok. e30 can probably be run without tuning much, the car will just adjust. but to tune for it and get more power would be the best, and that's where i get nervous since you'd have to mix fuel every time you fill up to keep it safe.

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
the car on their website is andrew's (used to be abowers on here) car. he just got it dyno'd a week ago, and they've been working on his car for a while. he uses a lot of meth and imo i'd run meth over mixing ethanol, especially if you're going to tune for it and need a specific blend.

regarding the injectors, you'll need a pump to support the injectors properly. also, keep in mind that 30% more fuel will get you to the same power level. so if you max out stock injectors on 93, adding an injector that flows 30% more will get you the same power with e85. 370whp is about as much as anyone has made with just fuel (no meth) and on the edge of the injectors which i also believe is not a safe working space. your best bet is to keep the stock injectors and add an aux injector in your throttle body pipe or add meth.

that's just my recommendation. i know some people try to run ethanol blends without tuning and it runs ok. e30 can probably be run without tuning much, the car will just adjust. but to tune for it and get more power would be the best, and that's where i get nervous since you'd have to mix fuel every time you fill up to keep it safe.

Thanks for your input, will discuss with the tuner and see his preference. I ran WMI on my 96 single turbo supra, made good power. But prefer ethanol personally. However let's see what the tuner says. Also whatever is less hassle and cheaper.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Just thought I would add a comment about the LDK injectors.

One of my injectors seems to be stuck open so I am buying a new one, and the part number0 261 500 112 doesn't come up with many options online. That's because it's the Bosch part number. The OEM GM part number is 12636111 and will have a lot more results, primarily for us folks in the USA. Hope that helps somebody.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just thought I would add a comment about the LDK injectors.

One of my injectors seems to be stuck open so I am buying a new one, and the part number0 261 500 112 doesn't come up with many options online. That's because it's the Bosch part number. The OEM GM part number is 12636111 and will have a lot more results, primarily for us folks in the USA. Hope that helps somebody.

Thank you. Did you find a replacement one or do you still need to order one? I know Arnold at Pag Parts stocks these.